Forbirdie
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading from iphone 7 plus to 12 pro max

Answered

As the title states, I am wishing to upgrade from my iphone 7 plus to a 12 pro max.

The 12's have the esim, with dual sim compatibility, can I convert my sim to the esim, or will I just have to take it out of my iPhone 7 and use it in the 12? Assuming it's one size fits all and also the physical sim will allow 5g access? I know you can't have dual sim enabled for 5g.

I'm on a sim only plan, but will have to upgrade from small to medium for the 5g access, is it as easy as just purchasing the new phone and then upgrading my plan via my Telstra account, or do I cancel the current sim only plan and get the 12 bundled with the plan? Can you keep the same mobile number?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading from iphone 7 plus to 12 pro max

A physical sim is always more convenient should your phone malfunction and you simply insert the sim in another phone.  The sim size for both phones are the same size.

Even if you did change to an esim, you can keep your number.

When I went from a Samsung to a Pro Max I was surprised by the increase in weight as the Pro Max is 228g plus the case,due to the bigger screen and battery.

It might be to your advantage to compare similar plans between Telstra stores and JB HiFi, Telstra's biggest dealer, as JB offer more data on the Telstra plan/s they sell.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

A physical sim is always more convenient should your phone malfunction and you simply insert the sim in another phone.  The sim size for both phones are the same size.

When I went from a Samsung to a Pro Max I was surprised by the increase in weight as the Pro Max is 228g plus the case,due to the bigger screen and battery.

It might be to your advantage to compare similar plans between Telstra stores and JB HiFi, Telstra's biggest dealer, as JB offer more data on the Telstra plan/s they sell.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Forbirdie
Level 1: Cadet

@ProfessorPhone wrote:

I had a look but JB is slightly more expensive ($69 for 80gb vs Telstra $65). So I can just buy the phone, insert my sim and upgrade my plan?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit