Eve84
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading to iphone 5?

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing an iphone 4s (currently im with optus, prepaid with an old nokia) however I will want to upgrade to an iphone 5 once it is released. Does telstra offer to upgrade upon release? I realise the monthly costs would increase slightly due to a new handset but I wanted to check if it is an option.

Thank you kindly,

Eve.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Eve84

Re: Upgrading to iphone 5?

I should add that I am seeking to purchase the iphone on a monthly contract over 24 months.
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Eve84, 

It's great to hear that you are thinking about joining us and purchasing an iPhone 4S :-)

We don't offer an upgrade upon release of a new iPhone, however, you could certainly choose to upgrade when it's released, and pay out the remainder of the cost of your iPhone4S. 

In some cases you're able to pay off the cost in installments too so we could discuss your options with you when the time comes :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

pongchatwills

Few days ago just got some rumores that apple will release the iPhone 6 instead of iphone 5, iphone 4s is iphone 5....

gintekram
Level 6: Bloodhound

Can't see how that'd work... considering the history of naming patterns followed by Apple in the past. Can you please provide source for this info.?

Nathan

Original iPhone = iPhone 1st Model iPhone 3G = iPhone 2nd Model iPhone 3GS = iPhone 3rd Model iPhone 4 = iPhone 4th Model iPhone 4S = iPhone 5th Model ??? = iPhone 6th Model. That's what he's referring to. There is no source because the 6th Gen iPhone doesn't exist yet.

Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit