pgb321
Level 1: Cadet

Verification codes not coming through

I have recently switched from a corporate account to a personal post paid account. Now none of my MFA verification codes come through. Telstra cannot resolve it and I am left in limbo. Should I change to another carrier to fix my problem or is there someone in Telstra who can fix this? I have an Apple watch and hence need one of the main carriers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Verification codes not coming through

iMessage could be the culprit if you were previously signed in through a separate account.

Go to Deregister and Turn Off iMessage - Apple Support to deregister and see if that solves the problem. You can register again later if you want to.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
pgb321

Thx @Jupiter  Tried that and no luck. That does not work. Reset network settings. Still no luck. Don’t think Telstra have a clue how to fix this. Heard from my corporate account exec this has happened elsewhere recently so I think it is a Telstra issue. May have to switch networks and see if that fixes the problem. If changing to Optus fixes it that means Telstra backend is the problem. will give them a few more days of trying then resign myself to changing networks 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Are you referring to the MFA/2FA code to log in using your Telstra ID?.

- if so, it can be sent via email

Did you use such a code to log into this website?.

pgb321

Thx @Dowser . This is all my sms verification codes from multiple providers. Seems any system generated SMS are being blocked. Some services I can bpass sms codesusing email but many services you need sms to change. Very frustrating 

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Sounds odd that it's only affecting 2FA/MFA sms messages, and I hope it can be sorted out soon. The change of ownership shouldn't have affected the service if you've still remained on the Telstra network, but I'd still recommend trying our Device Care app, https://tel.st/jdpbbk. This can help ensure the network configuration is set up correctly and will direct to our Mobile Tech teams for further help as needed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

If possible, you could put your SIM card into another phone & test if your phone is implicated in the issue, or if it is the Telstra network.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit