Level 2: Rookie

Visual Voice Mail not working with IOS 14

Answered

Since updating to IOS 14 today I have noticed that Visual Voice mail has stopped working and I have to ring in to get my messages. I have tried to reset network setting, but to no avail it is not working. Any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Visual Voice Mail not working with IOS 14

I worked with a Telstra technician today who instructed me to send the word ‘STATE’ via SMS to 125100474 and then reboot my phone.  

My voicemail has returned.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
28 REPLIES 28
Level 25: The Singularity

That's just one of a myriad of problems being reported with iOS14 (Apple just can't seem to release a good firmware update these days iOS13 was a disaster too).

Try these steps:

Turn Airplane Mode Off an ON

Reset your network settings

Worst Case Scenario: Reinstall iOS - warning this deletes everything off your phone

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

Yep, I have the same problem on my iphone 8 since upgrading to IOS 14, I've tried all the recommendations suggested but Visual Voice Mail no longer works, it was there for about a day and then disappeared. 

I’m having same issue since upgrading to IOS 14 also

I am also having the same problem, I have tried everything and still does not work. I cant call anyone at Telstra as it keeps on saying I need to message Telstra. The message service is hopeless and have now spoken with 9 different people. Is this IOS14 issue or a telstra problem. Apple say it is a Telstra problem.

I spent nearly all day yesterday in and out of the chat app and had at least 5 people dealing with it and last message was wait 24 hours and should be working well that was not the case.  It seems they need to update something on the system so it can work with IOS 14, but no-one in support has any clue what to do.  I think if they just asked Apple for guidance it would be fixed in 10 mins.

I think it’s a Telstra problem not an iOS 14 problem because I haven’t updated (I’m on 13.7) and it suddenly stopped working for me too, visual voicemail has disappeared from my iPhone and I get a message to call 101. 

Same here Smiley Surprised(

I discovered the same problem starting today and I was on iOS 13.7. I have tried all the suggestions and nothing. I checked with two of my colleagues who had the same problem (also on 13.7). Ive updated to 14 and still the same problem

Agree - I have the same. Just updated to 14 and the problem persists. Another thread suggested changing the voicemail password - I changed the password but it hangs when it tries to save it

Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

I worked with a Telstra technician today who instructed me to send the word ‘STATE’ via SMS to 125100474 and then reboot my phone.  

View solution in original post

Amazing! This worked instantly, I didn’t even have to reboot the phone. Thanks for sharing! 

Worked!!!

@dmes10 wrote:

​I was looking for the same info, tried doing the same but it didn't worked. Thanks for spreading the knowledge.

Legend! Didn’t even need to restart my phone!

Legend, worked for me too.  Thank you

Wow worked for us also, thank you. I am surprised the people in the Telstra message chat didn't know how to do this. Thank you.

I wonder if Apple removed the number from the latest carrier update? That is where the iPhone should automatically ping to check for Visual Voicemail availability. All the global numbers for that should be in the firmware.

The Telstra frontline consultants wouldn't know about that setting. It's not even something that is easily Googled unless you already know the number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 3: Gumshoe

This works. My visual voicemail was restored immediately after texting STATE to the number provided.

Yes! It’s back!!! Thank you! You’re a legend!!

Thank you. This worked for me.

I haven’t updated to IOS 14 yet but had the same issue on my 11. Out of the blue - not a new phone or any other changes.  All of my voicemails were gone and I was being asked to call 101 to get new voicemails. I did the ‘STATE’ thing and all have been restored.

It never worked for me previously until after I updated to iOS 14, I guess it's a Telstra & Apple firmware thing.

Yes -  send the word ‘STATE’ via SMS to 125100474 and then reboot phone. It worked!

If you can't set up Visual Voicemail, contact your carrier to make sure that your plan supports the feature. ... Check your Visual Voicemail after each step: Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS. Check for a carrier-bundle update: Go to Settings > General > About.

Worked!

Thanks! It worked. 

@dmes10 wrote:

Thanks so much. Worked for me as well. Amazing that Telstra support had never heard of Visual Voicemail. 
thanks again for this. 

It worked 😃

Thank you 🎉

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit