DW001
Level 2: Rookie

Visual voicemail notification - calling instead of text message

Answered

Hi does anyone know how to solve this? when a voicemail is received, my iphone has just started to call me to let me know, instead of sending a text message as it used to do. (very annoying) I think (?) this is something to do with the introduction of visual voicemail. How do I change the notification type back to SMS alert?

appreciate any help!

Diane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DW001
Accepted Solution

Re: Visual voicemail notification - calling instead of text message

Hi

I think (hope that) I've solved this!

I have done some further investigation. Something changed when visual voicemail started a couple of weeks ago. It seems that the default tone that started playing was one that I had previously used as a ringtone - so it sounded as though I was getting a second call, especially given the length of time that tone played. I have been able to change the notification back to chord, the simple 'ping' noise it used to be. If anyone else has this issue - I changed it via settings - sounds and haptics.

thanks  

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Could you please explain what you mean by “my iphone has just started to call me”?.

I have Visual Voicemail on my iPhone & it plays a (user selectable) tone if a new voicemail is left.  I only receive an SMS if the caller hangs up after the call diversion to MessageBank commences but they do not leave a voicemail.

DW001
Accepted Solution

Hi

I think (hope that) I've solved this!

I have done some further investigation. Something changed when visual voicemail started a couple of weeks ago. It seems that the default tone that started playing was one that I had previously used as a ringtone - so it sounded as though I was getting a second call, especially given the length of time that tone played. I have been able to change the notification back to chord, the simple 'ping' noise it used to be. If anyone else has this issue - I changed it via settings - sounds and haptics.

thanks  

View solution in original post

Dowser

On my iPhone X the default tone for New Voicemail is Classic > Tri-tone

This is a handy choice because Chord is already used (as the default) for the Calendar & Reminder alerts.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit