Level 1: Cadet

Waiting to receive Mobile SIM

Hi - I applied online for a new Telstra SIM (I've already got an NBN account, and have done for two years) and I don't understand what is happening. I was contacted by a Telstra support person (who now seems uncontactable) about a problem on Telstra's end, in relocating my NBN.
While on the line, I asked when I might receive my Telstra SIM, and after checking their system, I was told there was no order in play. I assured them I had requested a new SIM online and they said they'd look into it.
Another person called me and I went through an "Over the phone" request for a new SIM, which they then said would be in the post asap (this was a week ago).

When I look in my account, it seems they have set up an account for the new SIM, but even though I have tried to contact Telstra (no luck there), no one has been in contact via phone or email to confirm my SIM order has been processed.
Please help. When I call the numbers I've been given, it says "call failed" - WTF!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Waiting to receive Mobile SIM

Nobody at Crowdsupport can follow this up for you as we don't have access to Telstra's system (most of us are just customers like yourself).

You will need to contact Telstra either by calling 132200, or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the question, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response.

Unfortunately, with Australia Post, it can take quite a while to get deliveries depending on which processing centre it goes through. I wouldn't be worried after a week, 2 weeks and I would be chasing it up (I've had items sit at Dandenong South for close to a week before they've been sent on to the local Post Office).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit