Pugachev
Level 1: Cadet

Whatsapp connection

Hi There,

I can't get Whatsapp on my phone on the 4G network but it works fine at home on my Wifi. What's the problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cretsiah
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Whatsapp connection

are you using android 8 oreo and have you checked app permissions?
Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs
Pugachev

Thank you cretsiah. I am using iphone SE. It worked fine until a week ago. Whatsapp permission are all in order.
Pugachev

whatsapp

Hi everyone,

My problem is that I cannot access Whatsapp on the Telstra 4G network – only on wifi at home or wifi hotspots.

Regards,

James

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: whatsapp

Check your data settings and make sure that you have it so that it is allowed to use Mobile data. It may be set to use wifi only (check both in the app and in your phone's mobile data settings).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Pugachev

You can check that Whatsapp is able to use Mobile Data in Settings > Mobile - and scroll down to Mobile Data (older versions of iOS will show this as Use Mobile Data For:). Check that the switch next to Whatsapp is turned on.

Failing that, have you attempted to remove the App, restart your phone, and then re-install the App?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit