Becoz
Level 4: Private Eye

Where's my phone Telstra?

Last email update received on the 27th September, which didn't tell me anything at all except that nobody has my phone yet.

Thinking by now I must have a case to get out of my contract, waiting on a phone which nobody can tell me anything about.

Not good enough Telstra, it's certainly making me bitter.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
27 REPLIES 27
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Where's my phone Telstra?

Hey Becoz,

If you signed up while it was in backorder, then that comes with the knowledge that the phone is awaiting further stock, and that that stock will be sent to you once Telstra receive it.... thus they are meeting their end of the agreement as they are sending the phones out as they are coming in...

That being said, your best bet to check on anything is to have a word with the Online Sales team about your order and they might be able to give you more accurate information. They are on: 1800 307 516
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Becoz

It wasn't on backorder when I ordered it way back on the 12th Smiley Sad

I'm still finding it really difficult to believe that they can't give me a firm date in their "updates".

Currently on hold and 12 minutes in, not helping my experience at all...
DrQ

It seems to me as an offsider on here that Apple play games with stock, every year they end up having heaps of stock in their Apple stores but then not having any stock being sent out to any of the big retail stores or the largest telco in the country... it is just crazy... JB Hi-Fi and a couple other stores around here which I was speaking to yesterday all said they had been lucky to have 10 devices in total since release... it is abysmal... then last year they had their chinese release but know that market are not as forgiving so they diverted all the stock to China... it is just poor... but it works here to keep hype up... and direct people into their own stores...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

rm1988
Level 1: Cadet

Im in the same boat there is no way in the world i would have ordered this phone if it wasnt to be delivered on time. I should have just gone into the shop and got one

Becoz

My current handset is dying and won't even last the daylight hours anymore, really need a new phone Smiley Sad
Becoz

So much to be said for preordering to beat the queue...

None of it good may I add...
settlersbill
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Ok all you iphone fanboys and girls, forget the iphone, go out and get a samsung galaxy 6 edge+. You won't be sorry.

kkelly
Level 3: Gumshoe

I think we could be looking at November.

lalalydzy
Level 2: Rookie

There is a worldwide back order on the 6s Plus of 3-4 weeks. I definitely think November is a likely result.

The Telstra store told me they took 4 months to clear back orders last year during the release of the 6, and this years release has a higher demand.

I don't really mind waiting, it'll come eventually it's no panic. I was just disappointed that they didnt stick to the weekly email update, even if it was the same blurb as the week before.

kkelly

I agree, I just wish that Telstra could give some idea (as I know others like Virgin have).

I also wish Telstra were as up front about the back orders - I ordered on the 15th and there was no indication that there would be a back order. I know they keep saying that they updated the website, but this is completely fictitious. Apparently 6sPlus' were sold out within minutes, yet there was no update that they were on back order 3 days later.

Another issue is that I have paid extra for "New Phone Feeling" meaning that in 12 months I can upgrade - just as I have done this year. If god forbid, it did take 4 months for my phone to arrive I would not be able to upgrade to presumably the Iphone 7?? which should generally be around the same month next year until much later than release. What is the point in paying extra if you can't use all of the benefits??

Pretty disgusted with Telstra at this point.

Becoz

I ended up being on the phone for 55 minutes with them apparently escalating my call to a case manager where nobody actually picked the call back up.
So wasted almost an hour, still no answer and I'm still under contract for a phone that is nowhere in sight and no ETA.
lalalydzy

Yeah my colleague is with Vodafone and they have ETA's on their deliveries.

I wouldn't waste your time calling, you'll get absoloutely nowhere because all they say is they don't know and that we will be notified when its on its way.

Becoz

So the biggest Telco in Australia can't give an ETA but Vodafail can?

It just gets better and better...
kkelly

Okay, so someone on here has recieved their handset on Thursday just been, saying they ordered late and still have already recieved their handset.

We would have to assume that there has been a shipment then. I recieved a call from Telstra to "update" me but missed it, I called back but they wouldnt tell me me much, stating that my security isnt high enough for that information and that my husband would have to call back.

So i jumped onto chat - even though there wasn't any direct answers, instead of the usual blah blah that's been happening this past week, she assumed that I had already recieved my handset. When I asked if it had been dispatched - she spoke as if, I wasnt of back order due to stock issues - more of because of the time it takes to have them all sent out.

I could be grasping at straws because I really don't to be waiting for weeks more but something to give a little hope I guess.

Becoz

I saw that too Kkelly but I wasn't going there 😳
They do know more than they're letting on, I'm sure of it.

I feel sorry for the people working in they're call centre, bearing the brunt of the (dis)organisation.
lalalydzy

Ive ordered a Rose Gold plus which no doubt sold out the quickest.

Becoz

LOL same here lalalydzy

kkelly

Same here haha I am assuming this is why we are yet to receive them. The person that did receive theirs ordered a space grey.
lalalydzy

I spoke to chat yesterday to find out if they were still doing weekly emails, and they were like "oh there might be a problem with your order you need to call online store to verify some details and confirm you still want to go ahead" so I was like great just what I need. I sat on hold for an hour and 15 mins before finally getting thru and being told there is nothing wrong with my order and I didnt need to call at all.. Also she confirmed that basically everyone ordered Rose Gold 6s Plus's so yeah we'll be waiting awhile Smiley Happy Telstra get stock in from Apply weekly (they just dont get told how much), so if you don't get notification on Thurs or Fri that your order is on its way you'll know you aren't getting it that week. 

Also the Telco's really are at the mercy of Apple, my client last night is a manager for JB Hi Fi and they only got TEN phones sent to them.

DrQ

The local good guys is a full apple reseller too and they only got 2 of each phone. And another second batch of the same yesterday.
Helpful Links

Julian13

Don't despair. I finally received my rose gold 6S plus 128Gb on Monday, after a week of delivery issues. So they are coming through, in dribs and drabs at least. Our local Telstra shop (Hobart City) didn't even get one 6S plus on release date.
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Glad to hear you got your phone Julian13, and thanks for posting, it does provide some reassurance for everyone still waiting.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kkelly

Recieved an email update saying that my handset is on its way. 

Spoke to StarTrack and she said that it should be here Monday - fingers crossed it all follows through.

kat791

DrQ

Yeah. When the phone is in stock, 70% of their customers in metro area would get their phones the next day. It depends on what device you order and if It is in stock, or on back order when you placed the order.
Helpful Links

kat791

Okay, I get that.. But how come they can't get in touch with their delivery team and the warehouse. Can't they provide at least the estimated time, because right now I know nothing. Thanks for your reply.

DrQ

Because depending on the device, sometimes, an example being the new iPhone, my understanding is they don't know how much stock they are going to get and how often until it arrives in their weekly supply.

Apple chose who they are going to supply stock to and when, not supply stock when the stores need it. So a store near here was only sent one of each phone for release day, and one of each since..., they don't know until they get it what they are going to have.

Australia particularly, above other regions gets neglected by Apple because we are seen as a negligible market and one that will get all up in arms but still come back for more the next time around. So they know they can allocate stock everywhere else and trickle it into Australia and people here won't care long term.
Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit