PrasangaD
Level 1: Cadet

Your Telstra order – we need to see your ID

Hi,

So i placed an outright iphone purchase order 5 days back (without a mobile plan), and received an email with order number as below.

"Thanks for placing an order with us today. Unfortunately, we're unable to proceed with your order right now as we need to physically see your ID.

If you'd like to place your order again, please visit your local Telstra store with three forms of ID and your proof of address;

1. Your driver's licence or passport (with your photograph & signature).
2. Two other forms of ID, such as: Medicare card, bank card or birth certificate.
3. Proof of address (your lease agreement or purchase of land contract)."

I did above on the second day even though i wondered why, as in my opinion, checking for ID for an outright purchase of a phone seems a bit ridiculous. But I went to a store and produced my ID's. All fine they said they have put a comment on my profile saying ID's have been sighted.

Third day, since there was no tracking available, and also since i didn't get any updated order confirmation, I called the store and asked, which they said i need to come back to store even to check my order status, they can't do it on the call. I was really disappointed with their reply, but i did go to another store as it was on the way the next day. They said my order is in "Ready to Submit" status, but they being a franchised store, they can't do anything to make the order proceed, and I needed to visit a "Telstra owned" store.

Is this normal? Do i have to wait indefinitely until someone takes a look at the pending orders and manually processes them? I tried online chat but they don't have access to proceed an order either.

Cheers,

Roger

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Your Telstra order – we need to see your ID

It could be worthwhile looking at the My Telstra app > Get help > Track my orders section.

PrasangaD

Yes I was checking there intermittently all these days but it still says “nothing to see here” under pending orders; order history just shows my previous connections/disconnections over the years.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

You could cancel your request to order and deal with J B HiFi...  Telstra's biggest dealer. They have both Telstra and generic stock and are willing to negotiate 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
PrasangaD

Did that too, while on my way to show my IDs the second day and again over the phone on third day which redirected to the same store but different sales person. Both instances they denied to do that without me getting a mobile plan. I’ll try today with a different store perhaps.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit