Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Watch 5 will not connect to cellular

I bought an Apple Watch series 5 yesterday. Set it all up. But it will not connect to cellular on my account. I have turned both my phone and the watch on and off. I have even done a full reset on my watch. Contacted Telstra yesterday and it got me no where. Now I cannot even call because of this covid-19 virus, it won’t let me through. I bought this watch for the purpose of not allowed to have my phone on me at work. 

Dahna king

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Apple Watch 5 will not connect to cellular

What model phone have you got, and have you signed up for Telstra One Number?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have a iPhone 11 Pro Max. To sign up for Telstra one number I’m going through the whole cellular thing, log into my Telstra account, accept terms and conditions, then it pops up with sorry cannot be completed at this time. Try again later.

Dahna king
Highlighted

Bugger. There's no much that can be done about that at the moment.

It will be a case of either try and get through on 132200 (unlikely at the moment), or give it some time for things to calm down a little and try again (no idea on how long that will be). It could be caused by a fault in the system or too many requests occurring at the moment and swamping the system.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Dana I have the same issue I purchased the watch in February and have been trying since Apple did a full diagnostic on the phone and could not find an issue they contacted Telstra and decided to turn the one number off and then reinstall it, we tried that and still no connection Apple then sent my watch off to the repair centre and it has now been returned I have set it up as a new watch and reconnected one number again still no connection I have been on the Telstra message line and demanded a refund as they cannot provide a service advertised, the messaging service have escalated it to a technical manager who will be contacting me tomorrow but you are right with the COVID 19 it is hard to get responses from Apple or Telstra this issue has been going on since I purchased the watch on February 2nd

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit