Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

iPhone 5 No Internet

I recently signed up for Telstra on the weekend and today I got network access as I was portting an existing number to Telstra.  So I thought things were good untill I try and access the internet.  So i get "Could not activate mobile data network you are not subscribed to a mobile data service."  

I've been on the hone to telstra, been hung up on twice and and am no further to getting it resolved.  All the APN are correct and i have done every reset there is and no help.  The fact that it says "Not subscribed to" would indicate to me that its a backend thing that is incorrect, even though the people on the phone tell me everything is perfect.

Anyone able to help me here. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: iPhone 5 No Internet

Hi!

Firstly welcome to CrowdSupport!

If you still need a hand with this I have sent you a private message to grab more details so I can take a look. If you still need a hand flick me a reply.

Thanks for your post.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Russ

I am also having the same issue as the original poster. Is there a solution to this?

Thanks

D

Highlighted

I don't have any such issue..

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi woosha,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

I was just wondering if you are still having issues with this?

Updating to latest software for your handset may help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. Pls can you help?
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi charlesh,

We'll need to obtain some of your details in relation to your Mobile service so we can see if its anything account related that is restricting the internet from working on your handset. I'll send you a private message with a form to complete so we can obtain your account details and follow up on this for you.

-Matt W

Highlighted

went to use my iphone5c and message says "could not activate mobile data network turn on mobile data or use WI FI access data"

in setting mobile data is turned on and do not want to use my Wi Fi from my computer

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@keeza

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Have you spoken to the Mobile Tech Teams about this problem as of yet?

You can reach them on 125111 (services on a plan), 125 8880 (Prepaid) or via Live Chat

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit