Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

iPhone 6 Could not activate mobile data network

I just transferred my number from iiNet to Telstra and got the SIM activated. For some weird reason I cannot get Cellular Data working only Calls and Text will work. Tried all the possible resets but no joy. Oddly enough the SIM's data work's on a different iPhone no problem. I am testing by going to the internet on the iPhone and getting message "Could not activate mobile data network". I may not have any options left except DFU reset now. The iiNet SIM had no issues before and Telstra saying no problems on their side. Any help please.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

Re: iPhone 6 Could not activate mobile data network

Go to Settings: (the grey Cog App) then Mobile data, then tap on the Mobile Data green button on the right if it is not green. Mobile Data Options: Roaming should be Roaming off >.  

Also, has the phone been unlocked from the iiNet contract?

I'm not a Telstra employee.
I'm a Wireless 3G/4G LTE/4GX Antenna Sub-contractor and these are my opinions and not of Telstra.
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Try doing a Network Reset.
Do you have Mobile Data Enabled?
Do you have Enable 4G on?
Regards
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Turning off roaming does not help. Number has been ported from iiNet already as calls and text is working ok. Sim data works in a different phone and an Aldi/Telstra sim works in this iPhone. Going to Telstra shop tomorrow maybe get a new sim or move to Aldi.
Highlighted

Network reset/Mobile data done twice and Mobile data is active. Says 4G in status bar. Thought phone was dud but Aldi sim works in phone where Telstra fails data but the sim works in a different phone. So could be a phone or sim problem no bloody idea.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi babubhai, how did you go with our team in-store regarding this? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

What can I say mates went to argue with the Telstra Shop guys about my issues but as soon as I raised my issue with a young know it all Telstra sales guy he checked my main balance and found it was Zero so he claimed this was the reason for my "No Cellular Data" issues and he pointed me to their phone to call Customer Support where I called the previous evening. Gave me some bs about a Telstra Shop cannot help with Prepaid and they were different entities. So I hooked up to their Customer support and tried to prove that I had paid for the $30 pack. I could not show them the email receipt on my phone and they claimed it was on a different system. It was true my main balance was zero but just below that information it displayed that I had unlimited calls and text and I had 17Gb data. So why the no cell data message? Leaving Customer support hanging on the phone I went back to the desk and talked to another sales guy who at least listened to my issue and took my phone inside to the tech. Coming back after several minutes he advised that my issue was fixed. I asked him what was done and insisted to know. He reluctantly went back to to the tech to find out. When he returned he claimed that some profile setting (I was sure I checked this the night before) had to be deleted and once deleted you cannot see it to show what was changed. After all this my Cell data was working again and the mystery solved and nothing to do with a Telstra Outage (Customer Support), my iPhone, the SIM or my Main Balance. Why Telstra does not advertise this solution I will never know. Please check you previous profile under settings to get your Cell Data connectivity back - Good Luck!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit