Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

mobile numbers

hi there i am wondering if if i can take my old number from Boost (and port) to a new Telstra phone and plan

thank you samuel64

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: mobile numbers

@samuel64 wrote:

hi there i am wondering if if i can take my old number from Boost to a new Telstra phone and plan

thank you samuel64

Hi @samuel64 

You can "port" over to Telstra with your current number. But be aware there are major delays with porting due to the COVID-19 at the moment.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

Thank you so much as my iPhone 6+ is playing up severely what time frame do you think, I mean ballpark time frame thats if they can supply a phone

cheers Ozmoz

samuel64

Highlighted

@samuel64 wrote:

Thank you so much as my iPhone 6+ is playing up severely what time frame do you think, I mean ballpark time frame thats if they can supply a phone

cheers Ozmoz

samuel64

Hi @samuel64 

I couldn't say, sorry. There has been no official posting of time-frames.

There is delays with not only porting, but also shipping.

If possible, I would try and get it done at a Telstra store. 

Some offers are online-only (Not sure what your looking at), but you should be able to push for the same offer due to the current COVID-19 issues. 

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

I went to my local Telstra shop today and the sales girl said to find out firstly if you can port from Boost to Telstra, then she will try and get the phone I want.

I mean 5 years ago I switched from Telstra to Boost, so I figured you can port back??

Cheers Ozmoz

samuel64

Highlighted

Good news Ozmoz I finally got through to the Telstra people after holding for an hour and a half and the technician said it would work ok to transfer the old Boost number 

once thanks for your time and input stay safe

Cheers samuel 64

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit