Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Phone

I'd like clarification please..... I refer to the email I received about some of my phone/tablet services not being able to make calls after 22nd April.  I have a question re the mobiles not the tablets.  Is this because the phones are 3-4 years old and are on a monthly plan?  I'm guessing this is a ploy to upgrade these phones.  My understanding is that the 2 mobiles, which belong to 2 of my children, that they won't be able to make and receive voice calls?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Phone

I'm happy to say, you've read the message wrong. 

It only affects Mobile Broadband SIMs, not Phone SIMs.

If you put a Mobile Broadband SIM in to a Mobile Phone you can't make calls.

The $100 maximum excess usage charge will apply if you are on a plan that has the automatic 1GB for $10 top ups. ie you will only get charged for 10 top ups and then get speed limited, rather than top ups being applied endlessly.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 1: Cadet

No it’s not upgraded to a new phone. 
I ordered a new mobile on the internet last week and it wasn’t approved as yet. 
I had to go to Telstra the next day to get something else and while I was I. There I ask them if that order went through. They could t find it anywhere on there system so Telstra shop ordered me a new mobile and signed up for a new contract. The other day the phone what I ordered over the internet arrived in the mail and the other phone what the Telstra shop ordered me is still on its way. Now I have got 2

mobile contracts which I only want one contract. How can I cancel one contract so I only have 1 phone 

Highlighted

@Zada I think you've responded to the wrong message thread.

If you want to contact Telstra, either pop back into the store that you ordered the second phone through, or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get help screen) and someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit