CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Order Delivery

I’m writing this with great disappointment as I am a big fan of the Telstra services. I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max on a plan via one of the consultants over the phone and it’s been nearly a week I haven’t received as little as a confirmation email on my order. I have called every day after the 48hr period they ask for to get that sent out and I’ve received absolutely no answers. They keep saying the order is “in transit” but still no tracking number or email has been sent out. Very disappointing. I can’t even cancel the order so I can go in store anymore because it’s gone to a point of no return. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Order Delivery

Unfortunately, be prepared for a possible long wait. My local Telstra store advised that the Toll ransomware breach (more than COVID-19 cited) has mostly affected deliveries to an expected number of weeks. I ordered an Apple device on April 29th and still no shipping details as of today (23 May). It seems from other forums such as Whirlpool that current delays appears to have averaged 4-6 weeks. Some deliveries have been arriving without any tracking details (ie. no email notice). Even more concerning, some Whirlpool users are reporting orders cancelled without notification after some weeks. I feel the best hope is to cross fingers at this stage and check in weekly that the order is still current. 

Highlighted

Omg that really sucks! It’s even worse because I can’t even cancel the order even through them to just go in store and do it in person. I hope you get yours soon coz that’s such a long wait for you. I’ll keep you updated on mine. 

Highlighted

I will also try to remember to update once my device arrives. Hopefully for us and everyone it is soon as Toll continue to restore their services Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

An update for Kudz and anyone else following the non-shipment of Telstra orders...

I found this update from a Telstra insider posted on Whirlpool -

"Toll is back now so delays are mostly caused by the robot failing and lack of staff to pick up these orders, as mentioned they need to be built in Siebel by a human and shipped in a different system — mobile orders take about 15 human minutes so the delay is understandable when you consider outsourced departments in Manila and India are limited due to COVID. About half of mobile orders fail at robot stage"

Now approaching 5 weeks and still no shipping details, though. This is my first time purchasing a device from Telstra after may years with Optus and I'm bitterly regretting my decision.

Highlighted

My God this is so annoying. I’ve called them to cancel my order and escalated the situation so hopefully they cancel it and I can go and get it in store because the store near my house has the phone. But they probably will take forever to get that done too so I don’t even know at this point I’m just now sad more than anything it’s really upsetting. Thank you for the update though. 

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you go in store and order and they need to get the handset in, you will be looking at about a 3 week wait at the moment. Plus you will only get notification that it is on its way on the day of delivery.

The first thing you will get is notification that your new plan has been activated (about 24-48 hours prior to delivery) as that happens at the dispatch stage. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

To be honest, a 3 week wait appears to be worth it as it's probably the quickest way to receive an order at present. 

Highlighted

No I won’t have to because they have the phone in store at the store near my house and they are holding it for me incase I get this current order canceled 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit