Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Spam calls - No Caller ID

I'm getting hundreds of No Caller ID calls each day. Rings twice every 1 or two minutes, then hangs up. No one on other end.  Telstra seem to not be able to stop this. Repeated calls to support told me to block all international calls. I work in IT and this seems like a lazy and inconvenient solution, which seems so difficult to do yourself. A support person has to do it and it takes 24 hours. Anyone else having this issue ?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Spam calls - No Caller ID

If you really work in IT, you should know how easy it is to spoof VOIP (default voice technology on NBN), so I am surprised that you even ask this question... 

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Highlighted

Only way i got the Spam/Scam calls to stop is with the Telstra call guardian handsets

Highlighted

I have a case with TIO at moment. Seems Telstra get a LOT of money from scam

callers and so will not block No Caller ID calls. I'm getting day & night calls from

a modem with no caller ID.

iPhones have an issue with blocking no caller ID calls and can only do

so by blocking any number not in your contacts list (pretty unhelpful solution).

Only answer at moment if you are with Telstra is to buy an Android mobile that

can block No Caller ID calls.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit