CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra 4G Not allowing my camera app to connect on iphones

Hi We are having a very strange problem, we are using IP cameras via NVR in South Australia, we can not view this NVR when on the Telstra 4G network using an iphone. Yet somebody else in Sydney can view the NVR using the same user name and password on the Telstra 4G Network on an iPhone.

We can see them if we are connected to WiFi from my office, my office is not in the same location as my home.

I have called Apple and they said it is a provider issue in South Australia, I have even had the manufacturer who is located in china log on to the cameras via 4G and it worked for them using an iphone..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra 4G Not allowing my camera app to connect on iphones

I have noticed the same thing on some of my IP cameras. I can view all of them when phone is connected to WiFi but there are two I can't access when phone is on 4G. The strange thing is that if I use another phone connected to Telstra 4G as a hotspot  and then connected phone to this hotspot can view cameras. This problem is not isolated to iPhones as my phone is a Samsung S9.

Highlighted

Strange thing is anybody outside of South Australia can see all cameras on the Telstra 4G network, I called telstra and they just passed the buck saying its my router.... so if it was my router why can all other states see my cameras yet we can only see them if we are on our wifi at work.

Highlighted

Milesight Demo connection in China has the same issue, yet they can view our systems.

No limited to iphone, ipad also has the same issues.

Samsung Galaxy S8 works no issue.

Seems any apple/Telstra combination will not work correctly in SA.

When connected to any Wifi network (or hotspot) works fine, disable wifi and the error message "Failed to connect to server! Please check the setting of IP and Port! Error code: -1 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit