• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Telstra #stayhome

Hi Jim-CI,

It's Telstra's way of reminding customer's to Stay Home whenever possible to stop the spread of Covid-19 in Australia.

This is only showing on Apple devices unfortunately.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi I have an iPhone. Do you set it up for an iPhone please so my boyfriend and I can get? Write it in dots points please thanks 

Gabby Husband
Highlighted

Hi @Gabby8,

I can't write it in dots form because I'm not an Apple product user (I use Samsung devices).

I can only inform you what Telstra has written in their article below.

"This new network name will appear on Apple iOS devices only for now and may require a network change (e.g. moving from 3G to 4G) or a change in location to trigger it."

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/coronavirus/ 

I hope you can get it to show.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How do I remove #stayhome off my phone? I don’t like it

Highlighted

You can't. Once the Covid-19 situation is over it will change back to Telstra.
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Coronavirus (which covid-19 is one) have been around for centuries. So we might be here for a while. #needanotherphoneprovider

Highlighted

Its automatic, you don't need to do anything. Interestingly, it is on my iPhone but not my wife's iPhone, both with telstra.

Highlighted

Think I’ll go to Optus until it’s over

Highlighted

It’s friendly condescension from your phone provider like they are some moral authority.  And like changing your network name is actually going to convince a single person to do anything at all except hold Telstra in slightly more contempt

Highlighted

If I am roaming overseas do I have to still stay at home

Highlighted

Does Optus have same message. What is the message from Optus.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit