Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra supplied me with a Protected Phone - how do I return it

I ordered a new phone order 1-2444407924389, an apple SE as part of an upgrade offer.

It arrived after 6 weeks but belongs to a company called Fulton Hogan in New Zealand. The phone is protected under the Apple Device protection Program and is registered to Fulton Hogan and under remote management by their IT Administrator.

I have tried to get support all day but no one seems to know how to deal with this...they transfer me around and put me on hold until the phone drops out.

How can I contact someone who will take back the wrongly supplied phone, and supply the correct iPhone.

The stay connected email address on the website is incorrect.

The app sends me to 132200.....that number sends me to the app.

I live in regional Australia and am 80km form the nearest Telstra store. I thought i was doing the right thing during Co Vid by shopping on line, but I can now see that "on line" is not the best way of doing anything with Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra supplied me with a Protected Phone - how do I return it

Was it through Stay Connected that you got the phone, or as part of another offer (just asking so that we can try to get Feedback to the correct group)?

To contact Telstra, send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Or you can use the StayConnected app, which has a chat button as well.

The email address should be stayconnected-enquiries@team.telstra.com or stayconnectedbusiness@team.telstra.com (for business enquires).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I have no idea which group within Telstra made me the offer to upgrade and change contracts, sorry. I have an order no 1-2444407924389

I used the My Telstra app....the blue icon flow chart doesn't allow for this type of enquiry and directs you to call 132200.

132200 is not taking any calls at all, and directing you to the My Telstra app.

The "stay connected" email addresses (personal and business) are all rejected by the bigpond server stating that this is the wrong address. Have you tried these email addresses yourself or are you just repeating them off the website?

It would help a lot if you could direct me to someone who could actually respond.

Highlighted

If Telstra called you, then it sounds like it was TSA Group (a 3rd party contractor). StayConnected won't be able to help you anyway in that case.

To get through (a bit convoluted) in the My Telstra app, do the following

Type "Incorrect order received - Post Paid mobile (iPhone SE) incorrectly preassigned to a corporate customer and can't be used"

Select "Post Paid Mobile"

Select "Change Order"

Codi won't like this, so when the "All Done" button appears, type "Speak to a consultant"

Codi should then transfer you to the queue to chat to a consultant. It could take a couple of hours to get a response.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thank you Jupiter

Telstra didn't call me, it was a message on my phone that directed me to telstra.com

No one is answering the consultant line. I stayed on line for an hour yesterday and it dropped me at 60 minutes exactly.

I was in the Telstra loop for 7 hours yesterday.

How long do you think I should persevere before going to the media...Current Affair?

Highlighted

The media really aren't going to care.

You don't have to stay waiting with the app open. It will send you a notification when a consultant responds.

Highlighted

Thank you I will try again. Here are the screens that tell the story.

The media will be interested in "How did Telstra sell a phone that belonged to someone else?"

Highlighted

Was it in sealed Apple packaging when it arrived? Could be that Apple has set it up for them based on the phone's ID and then shipped it to Telstra by mistake.

Highlighted

Yes it was all sealed as usual for an Apple product.

I have been on the my Telstra app most of the morning and have not got anyone to reply to the messages on the app. The 132200 number does not answer other than to tell you to use the app.

I rang 1800 882 389 where the guy seemed to understand the problem. He put me on hold and then the system dropped me after 20 minutes. I have been calling back ever since then, but cannot get through. 

All I did was buy a phone off Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit