Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock prepaid iPhone 6

How do I unlock my  prepaid iPhone 6? I have entered my IMEI number as directed in the telstra website, but without success. The phone remains locked. It is impossible to talk to a telstra representative, and the website takes me around In circles. What to do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Re: Unlock prepaid iPhone 6

Hi Gwkerry, 

There has been a lot of discussion on this topic lately, read the thread under the first link as there are some questions about the unlock tool not working (but I think this was for post paid) 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-iPhone/iPhone4-Unlock/td-p/874171

The process for Pre-paid is different, and it seems best to visit a Telstra Store with the current call centre lockdown problems. Have a read through here. It gives a special number which might be a bit less congested.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/unlocking-your-telstra-mobile-d...

If I've been of assistance please assist others by marking the post accordingly. Click the "Like" button,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the links you suggest provide no clear way to unlocking a Telstra prepaid - they merely send me around in circles. It seems unlocking cannot be done online; nor can it be done over the phone as the stated number is out of operation; nor can any of the stores I have contacted in Canberra help apart from directing me to the Telstra website. Surely there must be a simple way of unlocking my iPhone. Can your Telstra technical team advise on this issue? 

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Did you try the messaging facility from the My Telstra App as per the instructions at the bottom of the Prepaid link as below? Otherwise I feel that you just got the wrong guy in the Telstra Store.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/mobiles-tablets/pre-paid/unlocking-your-telstra-mobile-d...

If I've been of assistance please assist others by marking the post accordingly. Click the "Like" button,
Palpatine has participated in Social Media accreditation through Telstra and has access to some enhanced support and escalation processes. Palpatine is not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely his own.
Highlighted

I have tried the link you suggested. The Telstra number provided in order to have the phone locked is itself NOT CONNECTED. I feel like I am in the twilight zone with Telstra on this issue. It is very much a catch-22 situation. Around and around I go. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Gwkerry,

Thanks for the update, apologies for the ongoing issues.

Can I confirm that you have contacted us via the My Telstra App as previously directed?

If not, please download and sign into the My Telstra App, click on Get Help, then the blue message

icon. The assistant will try and help, and then notify a team member that further support is needed.

The instructions on our website state to wait 72 hours after requesting the iPhone to be unlocked,

and then follow the Apple unlock instructions to complete the process: https://tel.st/8qtdb

Have you attempted to follow the steps outlined by Apple to complete the process? If not,

I would suggest starting there, and if no luck, send us a message using the My Telstra App.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit