Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Apple Music 6 month Subscription not connecting (see images)

So, I redeemed the offer for 6 months free Apple Music yesterday on my new 12.9 iPad I have on a plan with Telstra. But its not working according to Apple. According to Telstra I have an active Apple Music subscription.

However when I click "Listen Now" see what occurs in the images ... Image 1. is at the bottom of this post, top image is image 2.

2. Then Im met with this message1. I press the link to listen to Apple Music on this page

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB Space Grey, Apple Watch 5 44mm Space Grey LTE, Apple iPad Pro 11 256GB, 2017 Apple iMac 27 5K, Apple Homepod, Apple TV 4K

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Apple Music 6 month Subscription not connecting (see images)

Hi sorry to hear this, may I ask if you have logged out of your Apple Music Account and then logged in again?

-Zoe 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi,

I'm not sure how to sign out of Apple Music Account, I have signed out of the App/iTunes store and signed back in (problem persists) but Im not aware of any way to sign in and out of Apple Music.
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB Space Grey, Apple Watch 5 44mm Space Grey LTE, Apple iPad Pro 11 256GB, 2017 Apple iMac 27 5K, Apple Homepod, Apple TV 4K
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi RogerS, details of doing this can be found directly online via https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/apple-music/my-apple-music-subscription

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi, thanks for that.

I followed the instructions and unsubscribed from Apple Music in My Offers then resubscribed. Then I signed out of the App Store/ Signed back in. Then I waited until the Apple Music offer was resubscribed clicked the "listen now" link which took me to the Apple Music App and I got the same result (message) "You don't have an Apple Music membership with Telstra".

If it's relevant I have family sharing activated in the App Store, and currently in the Apple Music App I have the option for Unidays $6 a month Apple Music subscription (Unidays is a university student service but I'm not subscribed to it, I just applied for it at the beginning of the year). Not sure if this affects this process or not.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us,

To help assist further we would need to access your account and details.

Unfortunately we are unable to do this via this platform due to privacy and security reasons.

In this instance I would recommend getting in touch with our live chat team via: https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing from here they can access your account securely and help provide a update as to what has happened.

Please keep us posted with the outcome after speaking with them.

- Stef

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more