Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music 6 month trial already enabled?

Hi, I've been on my new contract for almost 6 months, and when I first got it I had two separate sets of messages from telstra telling me about the 6 month Apple music membership and I planned to put it aside until I figured it out.

So I went and signed up for regular apple music because it already came with 3 months free, and I was planning to activate the telstra 6 month trial afterwards.
Now that my initial 3 month trial ends now, I went onto telstra Myaccount for the first time to find out that the 6 month trial was already activated and ends next month.

Is there any reason why this happened? I've never manually gone onto the myaccounts page, or anywhere near the apps and clicked anything related to apple music.
My telstra apple music subscription apparently started on 05/09/2016 which was the day I setup the email billing at the telstra store. But I didn't even create a telstra ID until 20/09/2016.

So i'm very confused right now and any help would be good.
Thanks,
Nicholas

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Apple Music 6 month trial already enabled?

Hi Nicholas23

The Apple Music Subscription can be added to your account by a Telstra consultant - rather than via My Account. 

So it's likely when you took up your contract the staff member has added the offer to your mobile service whilst placing the order - which would explain those texts you've got telling you about the offer, and would have been telling you it's activated on your service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the response,

Is there anyway to get this reset? 
This is extremely disappointing that someone else can activate my bonus, especially without me even knowing.

Thanks, 
Nicholas

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry Nicholas23 but it can't be reset. Smiley Sad

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more