Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music free subscription - how to access

I have just got the free subscription for Apple Music, however my iphone4 is not able to access it due it requiring a higher IOS than the phone can have. I want to transfer it to my iPad, which is also with Telstra, after talking to Telstra, then Apple no solution was made. How do I access my subscription via my iPad. I got the SMS but it just asks to update my phones IOS, which I can't. I tried sending SMS to my iPad & that didn't work. Any solution??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Apple Music free subscription - how to access

You need to activate the service on the phone itself (from the SMS) which then links it with your Apple ID, after which you can use it on compatible devices but that is the way to activate it...

As this is a public forum other than the standard process (which obviously isn't working for you in this situation) there isn't going to be much that anyone here would be able to help with.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more