Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music library has disappeared

Hi

My Apple Music playlist disappeared from all my registered devices today.  I pay the $11.99 for my subscription through my post-paid Telstra bill.  It shows as a charge on my most recent bill.

Signing out of the Apple ID and signing in again doesn't work.  Neither does restarting the phone.

Telstra phone support doesn't take calls and the insultingly ridiculous chat app on 24/7 app and chat support via web offers no answers or support other than how to sign up for Apple Music.

I'm going around in circles and there seems to be no way to remedy this issue.

I can't even cancel the subscription!  I don't want to lose my music library either.

Am I the only person with this problem?  This is truly Kafka-esque.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Apple Music library has disappeared

Calling the national help line and the Melbourne store results in hearing a message about Covid-19 and suggests using the app.  The app doesn't even show Apple Music in the "Add-Ons" tab.  I guess I had better call the ombudsman, this seems like it is a problem with no solution.

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

You need to contact Apple about Apple Music problems. There is nothing that Telstra can do. Your Telstra account is just acting as the "Credit Card" to pay the bill. They have no access to determine what is going wrong with your subscription or the app itself.

Go to https://support.apple.com/music for assistance.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Yes, I can relink my music library to my Apple ID.  But now I am being billed twice for a service both by Telstra and by Apple now.  How is this not a Telstra problem?

@Jupiter wrote:

You need to contact Apple about Apple Music problems. There is nothing that Telstra can do. Your Telstra account is just acting as the "Credit Card" to pay the bill. They have no access to determine what is going wrong with your subscription or the app itself.

Go to https://support.apple.com/music for assistance.

Highlighted

Well, you never said anywhere in your previous posts that you were being billed twice, and it's still primarily an Apple problem as they tell Telstra to bill you for the subscription.

First step is to make sure that you haven't inadvertently created a new Apple ID using a different email address than you used previously.

Then go to https://support.apple.com/billing and find out if you have two subscriptions going at once, and also check the billing method for each of those subscriptions.

If there is no Telstra billing (carrier billing) method listed against your subscription, then send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen), querying the subscription as you are now being charged directly by Apple. Someone should respond within a few hours.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more