Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music membership with Telstra

I started a new plan with my iPhone 7 that includes 12 month Apple Music access as an add on. I have selected the 'Get Apple Music' add on from the My Account web page and also attempted from the Telstra 24x7 app, receiving a text message in both instances that states, "We are currently processing your Apple Music request. We will send an SMS once it's ready". However after two weeks of waiting I never received a follow up SMS. Furthermore if I go to the Music app on the iPhone there is an option in the Apple Music screen 'Joined through Telstra'; when I press that it goes to a loading window with a spinning wheel and says "Verifying your membership", then after a moment a dialog box appears "You don't have an Apple Music membership with Telstra". Every time I return to the add ons view of my account I can attempt to select the Apple Music offer and get the same SMS. I have made multiple attempts to resolve the problem through the live chat, including being sent a link to itunes.apple.com/carrier which opens the same verifcation screen that fails in the Music app. According to the Telstra support my Apple Music membership is activated and I have been told there is no problem... except that I can't actually use it. I have also tried calling support but they were completely useless, also telling me that it is active and suggesting I download a different Music app - clearly having no idea about Apple Music.

Any advice appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Apple Music membership with Telstra

Hi Shanos

We'd recommend having a chat with our Live Chat team here, using the Mobile Phone fault option  http://tel.st/49kl and ask them to remove, then re-add the Apple Music service to your account. 

This will usually correct any misalignment in the system/s that are preventing you from using the service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more