Skperi
Level 2: Rookie

Apple music play list disappeared

Hi, I had Apple music subscription always and had a number of songs that I had downloaded. Recently I moved to Telstra and availed the 6 month free Apple music subscription. I just saw that all of my songs (iCloud library) that were linked to my apple music account is no longer being shown. I have linked my apple Id after activating apple music through Telstra but still I cannot find the songs in my play list.
Do I have to download all of the songs again?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Apple music play list disappeared

Hi Skperi, 

Depending on your chosen settings, you can sync your iTunes & iCloud library with your phone at any time. You can change the settings in your phone or iTunes at anytime. Please remember that syncing your music over a mobile network will use data.

If you need help syncing, please visit https://support.apple.com/

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Skperi

Hi Iain, I did try the syncing option but to no avail. Note that the songs were available till yesterday. For some reason they disappeared today. When I opened Music, it asked me to link my Apple Id and I did. I even checked Settings to ensure iCloud music library was enabled.
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sounds like an issue on Apples end sorry. Be best to check with their support and see what information they can advise. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Skperi

Thanks Iain. Will do it and hopefully it will be resolved. It would be a pain if I have to redownload all my songs again.
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

No worries. Please let us know what's advised 🙂 Other might see this and can help them if needed. 

Skperi

So this has something to do with the region change. Initially I was logged into iTunes from another region. Because I changed regions, my play list has been wiped out.

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more