CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music PrePaid Extra

Telstra is The problem for me not being able to access my Complementary 6 Month Subscription of Apple music
If you care to goto Google Play and look at the display on the Android phone you can clearly see "manage Addons which is where the Complementary 6 Month subscription is. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telstra.mobile.android.mytelstra&hl=en.

My PrePaid Extra screen has none of that. My Dashboard only has my account and my plan (Pre Paid Extra) and a recharge button.
You might say " Arrh thats the problem, you are on a prepay plan" But look at your webpage -https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/prepaid-extra   At the bottom it states "
Data-free music streaming
Enjoy data-free music streaming of Apple Music, when recharging on Pre-Paid Extra™ and Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband Plus.
Video streaming and non-music content will incur data charges. FairPlay policy applies. For use in Australia.
Learn more"   Click on the learn more link. At the top of the page it states "

Apple Music
Enjoy data-free music streaming
of Apple Music, only with Telstra.

Plus, the first 6 months are on us for all eligible Telstra customers.

Membership offer for new Telstra Apple Music customers only.
Excludes video streaming and non-music content. FairPlay policy applies.
For use in Australia.

So don't give me lip service that "Its Apple Musics Fault" and they are not linking to my Telstra Account.
When in fact the Telstra App is not displaying the Button to download the cookie onto my phone so that the Applemusic app can look for it on my phone and give me access.  Telstra "Experts" have been dicking me around for about 4hr going between "Its their fault" then Apple Saying "no its their fault" Im sick of it,  But I will not stop until you come clean with this deception.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Apple Music PrePaid Extra

Hi Mickydee, I trust this can be sorted out for you soon. As you've mentioned the instructions at https://www.telstra.com.au/applemusic?ref=Net-Header2-APPLEMUSIC advise how our eligible customers can take up the six-month Apple Music trial - this is only available for customers with a post-paid mobile plan. If you take up a separate subscription to Apple Music while using a prepaid mobile service then your streaming music access via the app would be unmetered as advised on the page.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Well, why is The 6 month complimentary subscription  linked to the Prepaid extra "learn More" link, and also why is your support team advising me I qualify for this subscription and saying that there is a foul up at Apple music and sort it out with them - your support team are ringing me back on Monday to see if I have  resolved this problem with Apple Music You can call the Telstra Support person on 1800241787  I have the pin and name . Who is misleading me?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I've followed the 'Learn More' link that you've mentioned, and if you scroll up the page there's a section that reads 'Manage your Apple Music membership on your mobile plan'. If you follow the 'Learn Here' link under that title, it directs to https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/apple-music/sign-up-to-apple-music which advises the six-month trial is only available for post-paid mobile consumer plans. As mentioned, if you sign up for an Apple Music subscription and you're a prepaid Telstra mobile customer then your streaming music access would be unmetered.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more