Norton_San
Level 3: Gumshoe

Apple Music verification code prompt

Hi everyone,

I used to subscribe to Apple Music through Telstra (carrier billing) but about a week or two ago I cancelled it and signed up through Apple directly. Since cancelling every time I open the music app I get a prompt asking me to enter a 4 digit code to verify my AM subscription through Telstra. I no longer have this subscription but also the code never sends. If I wait a few seconds a dialogue appears saying there was an error sending the code, probably because I’m not actually subscribed through Telstra. 

The prompt appears every time I open music. Even if I just go to multi-tasking or flick to another app for a second, upon going back to music it pops up again. It’s actually really frustrating after a while. 

I can tap cancel and use music so my real Apple subscription does work.

I have a case with Apple but so far they haven’t been able to fix it.

Ive tried uninstalling music app, signing out of iTunes in settings, signing out of my Apple ID (twice) - nothing works.

Im open to all suggestions otherwise it could be Spotify for me!

Ive attached a screenshot of the pop-up.

Thank

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Osiris-1
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Apple Music verification code prompt

Having this exact same problem and it’s incredibly frustrating. If I don’t have it solved within the next few days I’ll be cancelling Apple Music and subscribing to Spotify Premium. 

Norton_San

Hi Osiris, who are you going through for help, Telstra or Apple? I’m waiting for Apple engineers to look at my specific case

Grantius1974

Same deal for me. I cancelled my Apple Music Subscription through Telstra, as my contract had ended; was planning to sign up with Apple directly. Once I cancelled my Telstra subscription the same message appears every time I open the music app. 

I have spoken with 2 Apple Support staff and a few at Telstra. Neither party wants to acknowledge there is an issue.Both say to call the other. Apple are adamant that it’s an issue Telstra have to fix. I was told that Apple had also notified Telstra of this issue. I 

Norton_San

I have no doubt that it’ll turn out to be a Telstra issue because unfortunately they’re fairly inept at... well, being a company really.

Its impossible to get passed first line support who just follow a script anyway which is why I went the Apple support route.

Tempted to switch to Optus or Voda but worried the issue will somehow follow my number

Osiris-1

I managed to fix it. I had apple cancel the link with Telstra as a carrier as Telstra cancelling it doesn’t 100% sever the link. Then I activated the 3 month trial on through iTunes. Also if it helps, I opened Apple Music on other devices. Over night it seems to have fixed it as I haven’t had the verification prompt come up throughout today. 

Norton_San

That’s good news for you! I really hope it stays fixed because I’ve gone through two phases where I didn’t see the prompt for a day or two then it returned. Like I said though, hopefully not the case for you. 

I’ve had a case open with Apple for a while. The lady on email replies quickly but just to say she’s still waiting for their Engineers. How’d you get them to remove the link to Telstra so fast?

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more