Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Apple Music with Telstra Subscription does not work properly

Answered
Telstra, as many users have already posted, there is a major issue with the Telstra subscription Apple Music.

Since using Apple Music through my Telstra subscription two major features of Apple Music cease to function:

1. "Make Available Offline" does not work. The content will download (which conveniently uses lots of data) but then the songs are not available to listen offline.

2. "Add to my music" also does not work. Although the song/album etc says "Added", it does not rollover into my iTunes on any device. Therefore you can not add loved songs and albums to your iTunes account.

Whilst it is good to be able to access the streaming, having the service work at 50% functionality is greatly frustrating. These problems did not exist when using my free Apple Music trial with my Apple ID.

Could Telstra please investigate a different way to set up the free subscription. A solution would be have customers provide their Apple ID to Telstra and a 12/24 month subscription is added to the Apple ID account so it works as per a normal paying user, rather than whatever verification process is in place now which does not work.

Thanks

Adam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Apple Music with Telstra Subscription does not work properly

Hey Adam,

The process appears to be an Apple initiated one, as there are other carriers around the world who have similar agreements and there are the same issues on most of those networks too... I know a friend working in the US is having the exact same problems, and one in the UK again the same problems, all with carrier subscriptions...

It doesn't help us, but it looks like we are going to have to really wait for Apple to get their act together and sort out the bugs in the system...

Mine was working okay until I updated iOS with the latest update, what was when all my offline music was cleared and things stopped working...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hey Adam,

The process appears to be an Apple initiated one, as there are other carriers around the world who have similar agreements and there are the same issues on most of those networks too... I know a friend working in the US is having the exact same problems, and one in the UK again the same problems, all with carrier subscriptions...

It doesn't help us, but it looks like we are going to have to really wait for Apple to get their act together and sort out the bugs in the system...

Mine was working okay until I updated iOS with the latest update, what was when all my offline music was cleared and things stopped working...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the info! Hopefully they sort it out, I assumed it was a Telstra problem, but if it's happening with carriers world wide Apple need to sort it out.
Highlighted

The last update was meant to fix most of the problems, but I think it caused as many as it fixed. But yes, hopefully for all of us we get a proper solution at some point soon.
Helpful Links

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more