CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Going Around in Circles from Apple to Telstra

Answered

Can anyone help out here, going dizzy from going round in circles?

Simple problem, take advatage of Telstra's 6 month Apple Music subscription, get a Welcome message a month ago, no access as of today, spoken with 3 Telstra reps and 3 Apple reps, one says it's the other etc

As of today, Apple Music says Active in my 24/7 App, no Apple music when clicking Apple icon.

Back to Apple from Telstra's advice, "Sorry mate, we can't find anyway to help you go back to Telstra and get them to cancel and reinstate"

Phone is iPhone 6 latest iOS (which makes me wonder if the trouble started with the last update)

Any ideas? BTW all the reps have been fine, tirelessly working to find a solution, no complaints at all there, seems like some weird software glitch, would it help to just cancel Apple Muisc via the Manage Addons and maybe bug out and go with the 3 month Apple offer, at least i deal direct with the provider.

cheeers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Going Around in Circles from Apple to Telstra

Success at Last!! from the Mobile Assurance expert
Reset the subscription to 6 months from today

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bryanoz, 

Can find the Apple Music FAQs here: Apple Music FAQs

Have you been able to attempt to remove the offer and then activate it again?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Ivan

no I haven't tried it from my side, I might not have mentioned in my story, when I started it on 9/2/17 I got one email saying Welcome, but never saw the app in use, so I went looking thru 24/7 and it always had 'Add Apple Music' so it was never showing up, but talking with a Telstra rep it was showing on my account, not visible to me tho.

Fast forward to this week, hurray it shos up in 24/7 App still there, but No Apple Music  access from Apple app.

Up this AM very early chatted with a Apple rep and they said to get Telstra to deactivate then re-activate.

Do you suggest mate just doing it myself?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Bryanoz. I've come across this before. I recommend giving us a call on 1800218964
They'll be able to remove and re-add Apple Music. Let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Thanks Matthew going there now
Highlighted

Ok, Matty and Ivan here's some feedback, spoke with Erin (thank you Erin) we have lift off, well not fully in cyberspace yet! Erin suggested the old delete and add Apple Music app, who would have thought? well it triggered something, as I now have a clean Apple Music app no reference to Join Up for 3 months, went browsing and when trying to add a song or album, it says to turn on iCloud pick one, do that Nothing!!
Go into Settings > Music >iCoud Music >turn on ...stays on for 2 seconds then closes 8 -(
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Okay, so sounds like more of a handset issue perhaps, if Icloud Music won't stay on. - Matthew

Highlighted

So off to Applecare again?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Please let us know how you get on - Matthew.

Highlighted

Hi everyone, here's the very short response from Apple Music...Call Telstra they need to fix it.!

Long story is aftermultiple goes at logging out and in to Apple ID, Itunes, etc no luck, I have something on the iPhone resembling Apple Music as I can browse and pick songs, UNTIL I go to download or add to a playlist and it asks for iCloud Music library to be switched on, try that a dozen times, no luck.

Apple senior advisor says, that because you are not a member to Apple music, not now not ever, that Telstra set up has been cancelled and not set up again.

The why do I have Manage Apple Music in my 24/7 App?

oh the humanity!

Anyone got an idea or 2?

cheers

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Success at Last!! from the Mobile Assurance expert
Reset the subscription to 6 months from today

View solution in original post

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more