Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do I download music to my device?

The instructions I find online are for direct subscribers to Apple Music, not those subscribing via Telstra.  I am engaged in an online chat session with Telstra.  The only way I could get music to my iphone was to first send it to my iCloud, and then download it to my phone.  But this method uses data (between my iCloud and my iPhone).

What do I need to do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How do I download music to my device?

Downloading music to your phone will use data no matter how you do it.  Streaming doesn't use your data allowance.

To download (at least on the Android version of Apple Music), you need to be on wifi by default. You can go into settings and turn this requirement off, but it will chew through your data allowance when it downloads the music.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How do I download music to my device?

See website: Apple Music FAQs
It states: "What data charges will I incur?
Streaming Apple Music on the Telstra Mobile network is data free.

Data charges apply for downloading the app and Non-music streaming use such as downloads, video streaming and social interaction.

Downloading music from Apple Music (not the iTunes store) for offline listening is data-free."
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Apple-Music-KB/Apple-Music-FAQs/ta-p/484653

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more