Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

How do I link my telstra Apple Music offer to my Apple ID?

Answered

My Telstra Account shows that the Apple Music subscription has been activated, but when I check my Apple ID account, it is still saying my free trial is due to expire in a couple of days, and the only options are to pay for the sub.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I link my telstra Apple Music offer to my Apple ID?

Hi Kagey, if you've taken up a separate Apple Music trial directly with Apple then this would need to expire before you can use the Telstra subscription. After the current trial has expired it should just be a matter of logging out of the app, turning the phone off, then logging in again with the Apple ID for the new subscription to be recognised.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Kagey, if you've taken up a separate Apple Music trial directly with Apple then this would need to expire before you can use the Telstra subscription. After the current trial has expired it should just be a matter of logging out of the app, turning the phone off, then logging in again with the Apple ID for the new subscription to be recognised.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Greg,

Come the 6th October, when my sub expires, I'll follow your steps and let you know if I have any further problems.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Greg,

I tried your solution but that didn't work.  Any other iddeas?

Namid

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

This has now been fixed since the new iOS 9.0.3 update
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

9.1 sorry
Highlighted

I chatted to Telstra Online Support and they directed me to this forum... I have tried the solution outlined above - no success. Still showing my 'expired' Apple Music Subscription in my Apple Account, still deleting all my music from my phone when I restart it and still not working properly like it should on my iPad and Apple TV. This has now been two months since I signed up for the Telstra 12 month subscription, and it's STILL not working. I am not happy! 

Telstra fix this issue! 

Highlighted

Good to see Telstra's 'advice' to head to this forum has been so well received. What a bloody joke this company is when it has issues. Pathetic customer support. 

Highlighted

My end result after lodging this as a complaint with Telstra is that they have credited me the amount of 12 months of Apple Music, and just told me to sign up directly through Apple. It appears they just can't get it to work properly between the two companies. So they cancelled my 12 month subscription and have credited me the money. 

This took about a week and half after initially making the complaint, and then spending hours on the phone going through  a bunch of other stuff. At least now this has happened for me, people should just be able to state they have read it on the forums and hopefully they can jump straight to the final resolution. 

Hope this helps everyone. (Going to post this in all the forums I have posted in about this topic) 

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more