steve_finlay
Level 3: Gumshoe

New Telstra contract - Apple Music has stopped

I was previously on a Telstra 24 month contract that included a complementary  24 month Apple Music subscription.

I have now taken up the "new phone feeling" offer and recontracted for 24 months with Telstra with a plan that came with 12 months of Apple Music.

The new contracted has been provsioned this afternoon and now I have no Apple Music ( according to iTunes )

When I check MyAccount with Telstra it indicates that the original Apple Music subscription is still active for another year.

So, what do I do to get Apple Music working.

Remove the existing contract that is half way through the 24 month period?

Will I then have the option to add the new 12 month Apple Music subscription that comes with my new plan?

Steve

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New Telstra contract - Apple Music has stopped

Hi steve_finlay

Just to confirm - is Apple Music not working on your handset,  or is it just iTunes saying you don't have Apple Music that's made you believe it's been taken away?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

steve_finlay

It's not working on my handset.

Had been working fine via Telstra Apple Music until yesterday when my new contract was provisioned.

Looking at MyAccount details it appears that the 24 month Apple Music subscription is still marked as active.

Steve

davemack
Level 2: Rookie

I have the same issue...

😞

Currently on the phone with Apple Support (after the Telstra Rep this morning said they could do nothing).

Apple are saying that my Apple Music has expired, and they dont have a subscription on my Apple ID for Apple Music.

Sigh...

Telstra - are you sure you are sending the subscription info through to Apple correctly?   I had this issue last year!!!!

davemack

Nothing to update us on @Steph ?

steve_finlay

I am going to try removing the existing Apple Music subscription from MyAccount on the Telstra account page and then reapply the 'new' subscription.

One of the other people with this same issue had success doing this under guidence from a Telstra support person in one of the Telstra stores.

Will let you knwo how it goes.

Currently removal is in "pending" stage

davemack

So - just got told by Telstra that because I had Apple Music last year, when I recontracted under New Phone Feeling, it means that I am not ineligible for Apple Music because it is only for NEW customers...

Taking my phone back tomorrow and cancelling the contract - glad I have not yet returned my old phone yet...

When this is up - I am going to Optus!

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi davemack, 

How long have you had the free Apple Music subscription offer? As the standard offer was for 12 months. 

However if  you signed a contact last year for a specific 24 month offer, then it will be bound by that contract. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

davemack

You would think that @IvanS - but no, because it was recontracted under New Phone Feeling, Telstra are telling me that it is a whole new service.

Currently waiting on a call back from Billing so I can arrange to take these new services back and cancel the contracts.

I can't hate Telstra more than I do right now...

steve_finlay

That is incorrect. The contract summary that Telstra will have sent you when you accepted the "new phone feeling" plan clearly indicates it includes 12 months of Apple music.

Persist and speak with a different Apple Sales rep.

davemack

Currently on the phone with Telstra attempting to get out of the contract and going back to my old phone and contract.

I'll bloody sell the phone, payout the contract and go to Optus or Vodafone.

This is friggin ridiculous!    Missed out on the last days of the Apple Music Festival because of this incompetance!!!

davemack

So - Telstra have figured how to fix one of my services, but still have the issue on my other service...

Sigh...   Halfway there, and it has only taken 13 phonecalls so far...

INT 1-934648053469
INT 1-934658981560
INT 1-934709624383
INT 1-934715646093
INT 1-935326549627
INT 1-935459453819
INT 1-935759014192
INT 1-935794845756
INT 1-935823060305
INT 1-935700079268

INT 1-935985991130

INT 1-935943731206

INT 1-935936830553

Just 13 more phonecalls to go to get it working on my other service...

HOPELESS.

davemack

So - it is now all fixed...  

Took 15 phonecalls to get someone to take Apple Music OFF my account and put it back on again.

Fixed the issue immediately with BOTH services.

What the hell were the staff doing the other 14 times I called?

Incompetent!

steve_finlay

I gather that you were unable to take Apple Music OFF your account yourself via the MyAccount Telstra page?

I have tried twice to do this myself - but it still hasn't removed the old Apple Music subscritption.

I'll try getting someone in Telstra to remove the old subscription.

Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

How did you go Steve?

steve_finlay

All fixed this afternoon.

Contacted Telstra this afternoon ( via web chat ) and they sorted it out, removed old subscription and applied the new one for me.

Apple music now working again on iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV.

One issue with the iPhone was that initially the Apple Music previously added to my library was greyed out and unplayable. Found that by going to Settings > Music and turn OFF iCloud Music, waiting a minute or two then turned it back ON. After about 15 minutes all my music and playlists reappeared and was playable again.

Steve

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more