Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Nighthawk M1 and Apple Music

Hi. Just got my new Nighthawk M1 4GX modem-hotspot.  It's on a 24 month consumer plan and has 6 months Apple Music included. I can't redeem this and would love a link with step-by-step instructions. Note: the Foxtel Now offer worked fine.

Just so you know:

1. I have an Apple ID and iTunes (Windows) is up to date on my main PC
  2. I don't have an active Apple Music subscription
  3. I'd also like to listen to Apple Music on my Telstra Pixel (Android) phone. 
  4. Your redemption link seems to launch iTunes on the PC ok, but a 2nd 'purple/pink' window opens, which seems to be part of iTunes, but just sits there 'waiting.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

Re: Nighthawk M1 and Apple Music

This may not give you the answer your looking for, but I found you can activate the apple music offer/subscription via the Telstra 24x7 App. Have you tried doing this?

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
Highlighted

Hello. Thank you. I have tried all sorts of ways and it just won't work. I've even got out my iPad, accessed the Telstra 24/7 app on it - when connected to my Nighthawk M1 as my hotspot - after putting Apple Music on the iPad.  It just loops!  I'd love some Telstra step-by-step instructions!!    

I just tried again on Windows. The Offers web page autostarts iTunes program, which then seems to start this pink-purple app/screen within it. I assume that's Apple Music. But it just sits there with an animated 'waiting'-type icon and a Cancel button. ITunes is up to date.

Who do I speak to?  Do I need to login to Apple Music first with some sort of Telstra-provided ID??

Highlighted
Level 11: Detective

Hi again,

I found these instructions on how to activate Apple Music with Telstra for you that may help:
https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/entertainment/apple-music/sign-up-to-apple-music

Do or do not, there is no try...

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer
Highlighted

Thank you very much, in parallel I just stumbled on those step-by-step instructions. On the Ipad (which has Apple Music on it already and is connected via the Nighthawk) it *seems* to have worked, but I'm worried that I can't see the 'connection' between my existing Itunes Account - which I logged into the iPads Apple Music app via - and this free Telstra offer. Apple Music asked me for which PAID plan I wanted and didn't mention 6 months free etc. How do I know the two are 'linked up' and I won't be charged?

Highlighted

Ahh, I followed the steps - on the iPad 'hotspotted' into the Nighthawk - but this morning got an email from Apple saying they'd charged me!  Different problem now, so I'll search and check other threads. Not happy.

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more