Aitcho_07
Level 2: Rookie

No Apple Music

Hi Telstra,

I recently updated / upgraded my phone. The contract I had before, I was paying for the Apple Music subscription through Telstra. Even when I was in store, the consultant ticked the box on my transaction as we were going over everything to retain Apple Music on my new plan. However, on all of my devices we have been kicked off Apple Music, and there is no way to manage the add on for Apple Music either on my account or through the Telstra 24/7 app. 

What I am after is a way to reinstate my Apple Music subscription through Telstra. Or the assurance that I can stream data free Apple Music, however I will have to go through Apple direct for that which is not optimal. Is there any chance that this can be fixed?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: No Apple Music

You need to log in to Apple Music on your new phone using your Apple ID, just like you had on your old phone.

It will still be data free and the subscription should continue the way that it always has.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Aitcho_07

So it will be definitely billed through my Telstra bill and not through iTunes? 

I know the old link that used to ask if you were a Telstra customer, but it nots working. 

Jupiter

If you already had a subscription set up, then the billing should continue as it previously did.

You can check the billing method through the Apple Music app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Aitcho_07

Thing is - it’s not. It should be, but it’s not. 

I am just more perplexed that there is no option available to ‘manage add ons’ like there used to be and you could turn Apple Music on and off through the Telstra app or the my account webpage. 

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Aitcho_07,

You are no longer able to sign up to Apple Music directly through Telstra, however, when you check billing options for your subscription, it should list credit card or carrier billing. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more