Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Subscription not appearing on Apple ID

I'm having trouble with the Apple Music subscription I've received from Telstra.

My issue appears to be different to the other threads that are currently active - it seems I was able to complete the registration process because I was able to sign into my Apple ID after attaching my sucbsription to my Telstra service, and I can access all parts of Apple Music fine, but whenever I try to play tracks I receive a "this item cannot be downloaded" error message. This occurs both when trying to stream music and play track I had saved to play offline during the original 3 month trial of Apple Music.

I have followed the advice outlined in the other threads and everything looks the way it should: iCloud Music Library is enabled, and this occurs both on wifi and 4G.

After poking around in my Apple ID settings I noticed that under the 'manage subscriptions' section of my Apple ID I don't appear to have a subscription:

image.jpeg

I have spoken to Apple Support who confirmed the error I am receiving is related to a subscription error, so the support rep suggested I refer back to Telstra regarding my subscription. I assume this issue is related to the same Telstra-Apple issue behind the other issues being posted on here?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Subscription not appearing on Apple ID

If you've received a trial subscription from Telstra as part of a recent order it won't be shown within your iTunes account as it wasn't purchased through their store. Our teams via 13 22 00 or http://tel.st/hsc3 can look into your account to ensure the subscription is active on your account and can help troubleshoot the music access problems from there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Subscription not appearing on Apple ID

Basically what Telstra support will tell you is your account is active. Sign out of your appleID sign back in. It activates than once your music app detects the canceled trial linked on your appleID problem will persist again. You will continue to go around in loops.

My loyalty to Telstra is slowly disappearing day by day until Telstra decides to acknowledge this is an issue for TELSTRA paying customers only. They should address this directly to Apple and have a swift solution since this a huge promotion for both businesses.

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more