Raasta
Level 1: Cadet

Subscription via Apple and Pre-paid offer

Answered
Hi, I have read in the forum that subscription of Apple Music via Apple and not Telstra will still receive uncapped data for song stream, is this correct?

Also, can you please advise if pre-paid customers will also receive the uncapped music streaming?

Regards,

AR
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Subscription via Apple and Pre-paid offer

Hi Raasta, 

The Telstra Apple Music link shows these details:

https://www.telstra.com.au/applemusic

Telstra Pre-Paid and mobile broadband customers connected to their tablet device are eligible for data- free music streaming of Apple Music, even when they join directly with Apple, so you can enjoy unlimited music on the go, exclusive to Telstra.

The means all the listening you want to song, playlists, albums and radio stations and it won’t count towards your data allowance. Excludes video content. Mobile Broadband offer excludes USB dongles and Wi-Fi device and hotspots. Fair Play Policy Applies. For use in Australia.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Raasta

Any updates?
Iain_T
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Raasta, 

The Telstra Apple Music link shows these details:

https://www.telstra.com.au/applemusic

Telstra Pre-Paid and mobile broadband customers connected to their tablet device are eligible for data- free music streaming of Apple Music, even when they join directly with Apple, so you can enjoy unlimited music on the go, exclusive to Telstra.

The means all the listening you want to song, playlists, albums and radio stations and it won’t count towards your data allowance. Excludes video content. Mobile Broadband offer excludes USB dongles and Wi-Fi device and hotspots. Fair Play Policy Applies. For use in Australia.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

TragicGnome

Did you get it working in the end? I'm on my second $40 recharge and it's still eating my data. Not a happy customer!
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@TragicGnome

Charges should apply for Apple Music Streaming.
Note that free streaming does not apply to video content, downloading for offline listening or the Connect feature.

Are you sure that the data is being used by the Music App specifically?

- Matt

TragicGnome

Hi Matt, yeah. I was streaming music from within the Apple Music app and lost data. Same with my previous recharge. Drained all plus $40 credit.
Thanks
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Very strange @TragicGnome

While I can appreciate that you've lost data while streaming Music, have you been able to check if this was specific to the Music App, and not something else running at the same time?

You can check on which applications are using Mobile Data by going to:

1. Settings
  2. Mobile
  3. Scroll down to Use Mobile Data For

This will list the apps on your phone that are able to access data and list their relevant usages (since the last time the usage info was reset - which is dated at the bottom of the list)

There are very few instances where Apple Music will actually bill for usage. Based on that, are there any apps in that list that stand out as high data users?

- Matt

TragicGnome

Hi Matt, thanks for your reply.

Apple Music has used 3.6GB since 13th feb (my last reset), bought a 1 month subscription on the 12th. The other high usage are Mail, Safari and Facebook.

Thanks again for your reply.
Dan
TragicGnome

Just reset the usage on my phone and started streaming a song. 0 usage on everything but Apple Music, ruling out it not charging me data.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@TragicGnome

Your phone would still show the usage accumulating since your phone is still using it. It whether you are being billed for it that's another matter.

The usages on your phone should be used as a guide only, as what you're actually billed for is controlled by your account.
My own phone is showing almost 6GB of usage for Apple Music, however I've not been billed for any of this usage.

Given that you reset the usage count and streamed a song, during that time, was there any other usage that happened?

After streaming just a song, have you been able to check your credits to confirm that you were billed an equivalent amount for that usage?

What my concern is, and the reason I asked for you to check out what other usages you have, is that I am under the impression that there are other apps running at the same time that are actually contributing to your usage while the Music App remains unmetered.

You may need to talk to the Prepaid Teams on 1258887 or Live Chat here:  http://tel.st/nxzt so that we can 100% confirm that the Music Data is unmetered and Zero charged.

- Matt

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more