genericCustomer
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra free apple music

Late last year I upgraded phones through Telstra from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 7. As part of that I got 12 months free Apple music. after the free bits ran out It took many many trips to the bloody telstra store to sort the crap out. I am also confident they had no clue what they were doing and It took over 10 days to get working again. Today I upgraded, from that 7, to an X (and 6 months free apple music from a paid subscription) and would you beleive it, it's broken again. I have retraced the steps I did last time (which mind you didn't work), being unsubscribing through the telstra 24x7 app waiting 24 hours (which is why I'm here) and then I'll re enable it. point is assuming that works, and that is a massive assumption then I'll still have to have waited 24 damn hours to get free bloody service. I just wan't my library to work is that too much to ask?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
genericCustomer

Re: Telstra free apple music

oh yes and forgot to mention that I'm religated to youtube for music until this crap gets sorted out

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

When you say it's broken, can you be a bit more specific?

Was it working when you initially setup the new iPhone? As it's tied to an existing subscription from your old phone, via Apple, I would think it should continue to work.

After what action did it stop functioning as expected? Was it just activating the new phone, or was there some other action that occurred before it stopped working?

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
RWMJW

Great I just upgraded to an iPhone 8 and the music library is gone and I’m still paying instead of getting the 6 months free as per the contract... spoke to Telstra said they fixed it.. guess what..it isnt

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi RWMJW Try the FAQ's there to ensure you've correctly registered for the offer and are using the same login details that you redeemed this with: Apple Music FAQs  See how you go 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Activate Apple Music and get data free streaming with the My Telstra app.

Find out more