Monty
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

A simpler Telstra bill - commencing 10 October, 2011

Hello,

We've changed the bill based on customer feedback and hope it helps make things simpler. In a nutshell, technical terms have been replaced with clearer language and we´ve introduced a new colour scheme to help you find what's important.

Nothing beats the crowd (CrowdSupport), however you'll find a full overview including images of the new bill in our online help section at http://www.telstra.com.au/help/demo/new-bill/index.htm

See you online soon

Monty H

Digital Operations - Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: A simpler Telstra bill - commencing 10 October, 2011

Monty,

Certainly looks like an improvement, especially if we don't have charges displayed twice under different headings like we currently do.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Parash
Level 8: Inspector

Will the Online version look the same?
-- Parash
Opinions expressed are mine alone.
Monty
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Parash,

Not right away, there are some changes online - we have a number of activities underway to revitalise the online billing service.

Thanks

Monty H

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

personally I don't have an issue with the current bills but anything that simplifies things can't be bad, I came from Optus, their bills were atrocious, could never make head nor tail of them
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Monty
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks Jokiin... Many of our customers told us they were a bit tricky to understand so our Billing team took action. Monty H

Monty
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello,

Linda Horne who runs Billing for Telstra just posted this blog on the changes:

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2011/10/10/simpler-telstra-bills-for-consumer-customers/

Monty H

leoniehl
Level 1: Cadet

Just checked out the new bills and they will be so much easier to understand so thanks billing
USAOz
Level 2: Rookie

What a crock of bovine faeces!  This new "improved" website is a TOTAL FAILURE!

I can no longer access ANY of my account data (Current Bill, Recent Activity [formerly CYTBB], Bill History) using my default browser (Internet Explorer 8).

The problem started on 8 October 2011.

THREE complaints (one telephone and two via Telstra's webpage) have failed to correct the issue and I keep geting fobbed off as to a solution.

This is just NOT good enough!  I have been a Telstra cutomer for 40 years and have NEVER had this amount of trouble or encountered such an unwillingness to address a problem!

I urgently need access to the Recent Activity dat for business reasons but am being hampered by Telstra's imcompetence!

So, before you go shouting to the world about how great this new release is, how about dealing with known issues as a matter of priority!

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

It's normally a few days after my bill comes in and all I can get from My Account is:

Your bill is almost ready.
Please check back shortly

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
ardseidel

Any particular reason why data usage would be missing from the details on a mobile account?

I have selected detailed bill un my account profile, but nothing has come through on the latest bill (Oct 17th)

StephenD
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi There USAOZ,

I am about to send you a PM asking for some account details so that we can investigate further.

Kind Regards,

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

old-timer

The main thing I want on my home phone bill is the place I have called on STD.  This was available on the old billing format.

Now I can read that my calls were made from "Sydney", but I already know that!

The format is now very difficult as I need to look at the phone number list to work out who the call was to!

This does not make sense...

TaYseR

I have the same problem with USAOz and Kalak. I can't view my online bill and I keep seeing the "Your bill will be ready shortly..." message. I have tried chatting with a consultant online yesterday and he said a bill will be emailed to my bigpond address but till now I have not seen it yet. In short, I can't view my bill so how do I pay it? Please provide a resolution. Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit