Level 1: Cadet

Account not cancelled

I have contacted numerous times and spoken to numerous people, have reference numbers to prove, however now every time I call I get directed online and hung up on. I am assisting my Grandmother who was placed into a nursing home at the start of the year to have her home phone disconnected and set up a direct debit for her mobile. We have AGAIN received a bill where she is still being charged for her home phone and her direct debit is not set up. I don’t know where to go from here as I can’t speak to an actual person..!! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Account not cancelled

Hello,  I believe you will need a power of attorney to give you authority to  have Telstra change her service.  You can obtain the form from a newsagent and your grandmother will have to sign it and be witnessed by a doctor, chemist, police etc etc etc.    You then should take it to a Telstra store, preferably not a licensed store, but a Telstra owned store, who are generally more prepared to do these time consuming processes.

The link to the Telstra Store search is: http://www.telstra.com.au/store-locator/
From there, to determine if it is a Company Store, or a Licensee, just take a look at the phone number. 
Company owned Telstra stores will have a direct 1800 phone number
Telstra Licensed Store (TLS) don’t have a dedicated 1800 number so it will be a local number. 

The above information is to the best of my knowledge.
"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Account not cancelled

Hi @Cmelissa, my understanding is we're prioritising Medical Priority Assist enquiries, as well as high risk cases which means depending on the enquiry, you may have difficulty getting through when you call & the reason we're guiding some enquiries to our online support paths at present. if you need any assistance, I'd suggest using the My Telstra app. To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help' or ask for a 'consultant'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit