Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Account notification

Answered
How do I delete the two of the three monthly bill notifications that I get, I simply want to remove one of my email addresses from the notification as I have a permanent payment system and only need one copy of my bill.
Kevin.Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Account notification

I am not sure if resetting my email address has fixed it, it didn't show me the original for bill notification yet now it does.

I will have to wait until next month, but for now it no longer allows me to login with the old username only the new one and if I try to change the old ones password I do not receive the notification email so we will see.

Lets say for the moment the duplication seems to have disappeared, thanks for your help I will raise the issue again if it reappears.

Kevin.Hutch

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Level 25: The Singularity

The consumer billing system can only send an email to a single email address. Do you have a forwarding rule set up in your email accounts by any chance that forwards it to other addresses?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

No, I have no forwarding and the attached bill comes to the correct email bigpond address the other two came to a separate hotmail account at different times, they merely notify me that my account was available and I needed to log in to access it. I do use outlook on my android that collects the mail from all four of my email addresses but it is easy to identify which address they came in from.
Kevin.Hutch

I'm not sure where the other notifications are coming from then. The Telstra system can only send the notification to a single email address.

If you open the emails and have a look at the header information, that will tell you where they are coming from.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

The content of the extra emails is as follows; Here is your latest Telstra bill Account number: nnnnnnnnnnnn Bill number: nnn nnnn nnn Hi MR KEVIN HUTCHISON, Your new bill of $39.00 is ready to view in My Account or My Telstra app. It is due for payment by 05 Jan 2021. To view your current and past 12 months bills, choose a different payment method or query your bill, please sign in to My Telstra app.
Kevin.Hutch

The source is info@online.telstra.com.au
Kevin.Hutch

The one in the correct in box from telstraemailbill_noreply10@online.telstra.com with the bill attached is as follows; Here's your latest Telstra bill Account number: nnnnnnnnnnnnn Bill number: nnnnnnnnnn Hi MR KEVIN HUTCHISON, Your new bill is attached and is scheduled to be paid by direct debit on 05 Jan 2021. To view your current and past 12 months’ bills, choose a different payment method or query your bill, please sign in to the My Telstra app. If you need help with your bill or would like to get in touch with us, visit our support page. Thanks for choosing Telstra.
Kevin.Hutch

That is definitely odd. All of my Telstra correspondence comes through on the one email.

There is only a single email address spot in your profile, so I'm not sure why yours are going to multiple accounts.

You think that's odd I have just found I can use either email address as my login yet it gets me into the same account. Now I not saying I didn't cause it, as I have been very confused about the difference between my Telstra account and my Bigpond account seems my older Bigpond account was combined with my Bigpond account some time back and I can not see how to make it one account. Likewise the difference between my hotmail, livemail, outlookmail and outlook webmail not to mention my outlook.com.au is even a separate account from the outlook.com account.
Kevin.Hutch

Well that might answer the question. When you log in to the two versions of your account. If you go in to your profile, do they show different email addresses? And if you go to the Payments tab and click on View Bill, on the right hand side do they show the same billing email address?

Accepted Solution

I am not sure if resetting my email address has fixed it, it didn't show me the original for bill notification yet now it does.

I will have to wait until next month, but for now it no longer allows me to login with the old username only the new one and if I try to change the old ones password I do not receive the notification email so we will see.

Lets say for the moment the duplication seems to have disappeared, thanks for your help I will raise the issue again if it reappears.

Kevin.Hutch

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit