GMG1234
Level 1: Cadet

Any way to get a simple, single document summarising charges for FY taxes?

I imagine that I'm not alone in having to pull together all my account statements for the tax year for my business. I know that Telstra does email monthly statements, but does anyone know if Telstra offers small business owners an automatic, end of financial year document to use for tax submissions. Currently I have to download each monthly statement, and enter the details into a spreadsheet manually. It's tedious and a waste of time that I could really do without! I can't imagine that something so easy to automate doesn't exist.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Any way to get a simple, single document summarising charges for FY taxes?

No. I've never seen one.

I used to enter all my expenses weekly when I ran my own business, mainly so that I could fill out my Business Activity Statements correctly each month. Would take me less than a minute to enter the phone bill into the accounting software.

I could never understand why people would leave it until after the end of the financial year to do it. It takes so much extra effort to do it that way.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit