HPW1
Level 1: Cadet

Autorecharge fails

Does anyone else have the problem of Auto recharge not working. My credit card has been debited but my service has expired. Which means I also lose my Data Bank.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Autorecharge fails

No. I haven't had that problem in the few years that I've been using Auto recharge.

You will need to contact Telstra to find out what has gone wrong.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
rodjc

It happened to me last month, lost all Data bank. I recharged then Telstra took the original amount two days later. It took 10 days to get a refund but no refund on data. Hopeless service 

Jupiter

As it's a Telstra feature that is supposed to prevent the loss of data by missing a payment. As long as you can prove that there were sufficient funds in the account at the time that the automatic recharge was supposed to occur and there wasn't a problem with the bank's systems, then you would have grounds to get the data balance reinstated. You should lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and if it isn't resolved there, you can lodge a complaint via tio.com.au

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi HPW1 

I would recommend first speaking with the pre-paid billing team so we can check on what has happened here and why the auto pay debited your card but didn't apply the recharge. 

Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/9b5sk). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Prepaid billing error" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. 

If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

Let us know how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi HPW1. Just checking into see if you need a further hand?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

HPW1

HI Tommy R  this is the 2nd time Auto recharge has failed - we've only had this service since Feb.   The Auto recharge failed in March, I recharged manually in April, then the May recharge failed. I have had very lenghtly conversations with support through messenger (which is a really good system) on both occasions. Both times I have been told it was an issue with the system. Both times I have lost my Data Bank.  My main concern is that it will fail again when we are travelling & don't have access to a manual recharge. Pointless having an auto recharge if it's unreliable

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Well said.

It’s unfortunate because of the inconvenience and time that you have spent trying to sort it out, and your concern about a reoccurrence.

You could lodge a complaint as mentioned above by @Jupiter

You could include a link to this thread to show the lengths that you have gone to in seeking resolution of the problem.

JEB62
Level 2: Rookie

Had the same problem when they changed my plan. Had to ring them up and redo the auto recharge. Didn't lose any of my data bank even though I was a day late in recharging.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit