PerthCustomer
Level 2: Rookie

Bill Contents Changed? (Ultimate Voice Advanced to Starter Internet Service)

A relative of mine does not use the internet, but the plan on their bill previously called "Ultimate Voice - Advanced" has changed to "Starter Internet Service". They are confused because they do not have a computer or the internet. Is the most basic landline service that Telstra can offer? If it has changed, why weren't customers told about this - it can be confusing (and upsetting) for elderly customersn when this occurs and they read they are being charged for something (i.e. internet) which they never use.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bill Contents Changed? (Ultimate Voice Advanced to Starter Internet Service)

I would definitely be querying it as it shouldn't have changed.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chris920
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Bill Contents Changed? (Ultimate Voice Advanced to Starter Internet Service)

This had happened to me too. But yet the ultimate voice that I sign up for around Oct still current so why change and have the bill be twice the price.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @PerthCustomer, we can take a look at that for you, please have an account holder or authorised representative contact us securely: https://tel.st/qn8xsu and we'll be happy to help! 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

PerthCustomer

Hi Cas-Ra. Is there a number I can call you on - going to the link above is not helping me unfortunately. Thanks.

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Sure! Telstra's contact number is 13 22 00 Monday-Friday: 08:00-20:00 weekdays 18:00 weekends EST. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

PerthCustomer

HI Cas-Ra. I called the Telstra number, 13 22 00, at 6.36 pm (Western Time) tonight  but the service was closed. Perhaps the times you gave me are incorrect, or maybe for a particular timezone. I tried the Telsta app, but it won't let me proceed (i.e.past log in on my phone). I tried the link you sent me ( https://tel.st/qn8xsu ) but that doesn't help me either as I need the app to work. Can you please give me an email address that I can send the query too? That would be my preference and I know that good businesses do try and assist customers in a way that suits the customer.

Thank you. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

I believe the operating hours for 132200 are 9am - 8pm AEST Weekdays, so you were outside of that timeframe.

roshirina
Support Team
Support Team

Yes that's correct. 6.36pm WST would be 8.36pm AEST.  Although we don't have a specific address to email to, any feedback can be given using this form :  https://tel.st/2d748w;  - Glenn

Dowser

Glenn, that URL generates:

Oh no, we looked everywhere!

404 - Page not found, sorry

Maybe, you meant the page https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/positive-feedback

PerthCustomer

That's great - thank you Dowser and Roshirina

PerthCustomer

My relative just received a letter explaining the change in plan.... unfortunately the letter arrived just recently, about 4 weeks after the original bill stating a change in the phone plan (without any reasoning).... so problem now solved. Thank you for everyone who assisted in this process with their messages.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit