Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

bill payment adjustment

We have spoken to Telstra re bill error and it was supposedly adjusted to correct error. Online bill still showing $300 more than correct charge and we are on direct debit. We cannot get anyone to answer phones and the online assistant is down, any other ways to get them to correct their error?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: bill payment adjustment

If it's the current bill, then it will not adjust. Adjustments only show in following periods.

You can call 132000 to check the current amount owing.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

If only it was that easy - I have been trying to get to telstra for the last few days after deciding to connect to another provider and am now back on the phone to both disconnect from their service and still get a response on my outstanding $300  credit.

Strangely, the Australian based broad band company cannot not only provide quick service, fast connection once Telstra actually can port across phone numbers, they also have a call back system rather than the 1:16 mins that I have been waiting for.

If tElstra reviews this feedback, I would love to have both a complaints contact and a call back system as my small business does not have the time to do this....

Highlighted

You can lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Note: the porting team is not currently working as far as I'm aware. They are in lockdown until at least the middle of next week (assuming the function doesn't get transferred to Australia prior to that).

Telstra are hiring an extra 1000 call centre consultants in Australia to try and take up a bit of the load, but they have to be trained before they can.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

@SM001 wrote:

We have spoken to Telstra re bill error and it was supposedly adjusted to correct error. Online bill still showing $300 more than correct charge and we are on direct debit. We cannot get anyone to answer phones and the online assistant is down, any other ways to get them to correct their error?

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter

Thank you for responding.

We have been ported and tested, the new provider of ours has rectified the issue re: transfer of numbers/ connections so no issue with that (we were advised of porting issue a week & half ago) so happy to have that resolved. My issue is that I need to organise final costs/ credits/ disconnections - maybe it isn't as simple?

Also; lodged complaint, not expecting resolution either way (2:00 hours on call waiting)

Highlighted

If you have ported, then there is no notification required for disconnection. Your new provider does that as part of the process. Your final bill will be sent automatically, and if in credit, you will need to call 132200 to organise a refund of that credit.

Highlighted

Yes Jupiter, I understand all of that - unfortunately after two hours on the phone, I was hung up on so the process starts again... 

Highlighted

The refund of a credit is classified as non-critical so you might as well save your time and wait until next week before trying again.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit