CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Bill received for $99 setup fee but it was supposed to be free

Hello,

I received my modem and got connected to NBN a few days ago. Just yesterday I received a bill on the app saying I have to pay $99 for setting up fee but when I was buying the service online website said that was free. Any ideas what's going on?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bill received for $99 setup fee but it was supposed to be free

Use this form to request a credit for the connection fee

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/forms/request-a-credit-form

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Thanks for the link although it's not available at the moment.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ghazenfar

Thank you for your post.

I've tried the link supplied by @Jupiter and can confirm that the webform is available to be completed. 

The message in your screenshot is about the call centres - are you able to access the webform if you click close or the x in the top right corner? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi @Kjorg ,

Yes, the form is there but it looks like below. When I click on Chat Now (there is no other button to submit the form) I get the error message I put a screenshot of in my previous message. Also when I close the chat window, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ghazanfar

My apologies, I have just gone through the process again and had the same message after proceeding further. 

Live Chat and call centres are currently impacted by COVID-19, as per the error message. 

Telstra contact centres are prioritising our customer service calls to ensure critical requests for support are responded to.

This unfortunately means there may be some wait time to be able to submit your request. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Thanks, @Kjorg for getting back to me. So should I just not pay the bill until someone can fix this for me? And by doing that I will not incur any late fee charges etc?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @ghazanfar

As per the information here: https://tel.st/k377g

We aren’t charging late payment fees or suspending services for bills that become overdue between Thursday 19 March and Thursday 30 April 2020. Late payment fees may apply for bills that become overdue before 19 March 2020, or after 30 April 2020.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit