Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Billing!

Hi there Smiley Happy 
Um recently I just joined up with Telstra coming from Vodafone I loved Vodafone but they don't have a shopping centre anywhere near me since it closed down, so I changed to Telstra who have been amazing so far also Smiley Happy 
Anyway, i asked for paper billing when I went in and got the phone and for some reason they didn't end up doing that, I got a bit worried so after the first month I looked online to see if I had a bill - I had not only one bill but two. 

One for the month I didn't even own the phone and one for the month I have, nobody told me I was getting charged for a month bill that I didn't even own the phone for, I didn't even have, I couldn't use it. So I wasn't advised, and its hugely overdue as I had no idea it was even there. I don 't think its very fair that someone should have to pay for something they didn't even have, nor were even advised on. I really do like Telstra, great everything but I'm not paying a months fee for credit that didn't exist or a phone that i didn't own yet. 

I'm happy to pay a weeks worth, or a quater of the month as I used a week of data and charges, but otherwise this is completely unfair. Please is this a mistake or how exactly does that work, I work hard for every penny I own and I can't afford to be charged for something i didn't know about... Smiley Happy 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Billing!

Hi Brittany_Jade,

Welcome to Crowdsupport

Sorry to hear your bill delivery method wasn't set up how you wanted Smiley Sad

Are the charges you're referring to pro rata? 

We can investigate the charges & correct your bill delivery by getting in contact with us on 132200.

Apologies for any confusion

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem, ie 2 bills for same phone number. But when I talk to Telstra they say they can't see it and have no idea what I am talking about! I had the assistant at the Telstra shop speak to Telstra billing person on the phone and still no success. The assistant at the shop has said wait a month and see what bill I get as he couldn't make Billing person understand either - offered to send him a screen shot of the problem but offer was rejected. In less then 5 days I have a bill of $55 and the wrong plan on the bill and the phone has made maybe 10 phone calls - no internet access plan was chosen!! The phone is for an 88 year old lady. She is so upset!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi Rhon26

That is definitely concerning. 

Are you able to send me a PM with some details and we can then work together to have this sorted out.

-   Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit