Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Billing

Answered

Does anyone know how to resolve a billing issue. I cant get thru on the phone due to covid issues in the call centre. The online virtual assistant is crap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Billing

Hello @RR33,

Thanks for your message.

If you would like to query a bill or request a credit, please fill out the applicable form

on this site: https://tel.st/2jqyu

If you would like to speak to customer support, please ensure you have updated the 

Telstra 24x7 App to the new My Telstra App to utilise the new message function.

Sign into My Telstra, then head to Get Help and the blue message icon.

The virtual assistant will still have a few suggestions before notifying a team member that

further assistance is needed. We then respond to every message, in order of urgency.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hello @RR33,

Thanks for your message.

If you would like to query a bill or request a credit, please fill out the applicable form

on this site: https://tel.st/2jqyu

If you would like to speak to customer support, please ensure you have updated the 

Telstra 24x7 App to the new My Telstra App to utilise the new message function.

Sign into My Telstra, then head to Get Help and the blue message icon.

The virtual assistant will still have a few suggestions before notifying a team member that

further assistance is needed. We then respond to every message, in order of urgency.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Not everyone has smart phone to access app. Not everyone has mobile signal. If you havent, you have to resort to web messaging online. I have spent 2.5 hours, then 3 hours then another 1.5 hours on web messaging, been promised a refund twice, which doesnt arrive.

Customer service is absolutely shocking.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Same and the app is all virtual and you can't speak to any one.

I'm reporting it to the telecommunications ombudsman

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

the stupid thing doesnt work, it keeps on running in a loop, you should hire workers in Australia, not outsource it, dump heads. 

Highlighted

Ive done that as advised some four days ago and still haven't received a reply

Highlighted

Neither through phone app nor calling 132200, you can't get it resovled. Simply no one is looking after billing issues due to Covid-19 in the past 5 months. I got same issues, tried multiple calls, email, message, Telstra app, simply no one takes care of it. Covid19 becomes a good excuse for them. Telstra's service can't be worse since Feb.

Highlighted

I have sent two emails now and no response to either which is pretty poor so Im not paying my bill until they answer them

Highlighted

I  have had an extremely frustrating time going around in circles. The solution given DOESN'T work. You can click and send on the app as much as you like. I have submitted urgent quesris multiple times with absolutely no response. I have submitted an official complaint and will be going to the ombudsman if I do not get a reply and action within seven days. It is not acceptable to refuse to answer questions due to covid. We too are dealing with covid. 

Highlighted

Totally agree, it is with arrogance as well. It seems like Telstra don't care about customer retention anymore.  

Highlighted

It's funny you say that. Customer agents respond to your query in about an hour, then we spend a couple of hours explaining things. Then they go off, another one comes on and asks the same questions all over again.

Telstra customer service is crap now. 

Highlighted

I agree, they are disgusting.

This morning I found on my Telstra account a new attached service, XBOX - $38 a month for 24 months, they must be bloody crazy. I never order any such thing. I cannot contact anyone to get this cleared and fixed. On top of that my landline hasn't worked properly in over two months. They are a disgrace to Australia.

Highlighted

I was on the phone yesterday 2 hours waiting before i give up.

Assistant sent me back to it crap rubbish app.

Highlighted

It is absolutely revolting that companies like Telstra are using Covid as an excuse to provide substandard service. Everyone is working from home anyway.  Why cant they at least call you back?

Highlighted

I was on chat 4 hours on Friday after the 4 hours them trying Was told could do nothing till case manager was assigned. So 4monthd not and till waitingg

Highlighted

Telstra billing phone support is totally down during Covid19.

Highlighted

Telstra billing phone support is totally down since Covid19 outbreak three months ago. The only way to get dispute resolved is making a complaints through Ombudsman: https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Highlighted

@samo2020 wrote:

It's funny you say that. Customer agents respond to your query in about an hour, then we spend a couple of hours explaining things. Then they go off, another one comes on and asks the same questions all over again.

Telstra customer service is crap now.

Absolutely infuriated 15 yr customer..

Pat
Highlighted

I have been experiencing the same problem and driving me nuts. Nothing has been done so far. I have wasted so much of my time to resolve this. It's more than two weeks now. One support guy got all the details through chat and that's it. No update or amendment. At the end I had to remove the direct debit. No at all acceptable.

Highlighted

Same issue here! I left the chat ipen for 2 DAYS! And in this time I had several customer service personnel chatting with me and asking each time the same questions and advising me that they get back to me shortly to confirm the transfer of credit that they still owe me since 1st June. That's why I left Telstra because their CS is sucks and Aussie Broadband is excellent! That's 3 weeks ago and I still have not received the money!!!!!!

Highlighted

You can have all the fantastic system in place to log a problem for help. The main problem here is there is no response or action to resolve it. Who is monitoring the SLA? More than two weeks and nothing has been done despite several messages sent.

Highlighted

probably not, these bots are a cost cutting measure specifically designed to fob you off with non answers and little outcomes. Its a complete joke.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit