kate539123
Level 2: Rookie

Bills

I have provided 2 email addresses for my Telstra bills to be sent to. Both are working perfectly however Telstra says they are unattainable send my monthly bills to either email address but cannot tell me why.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
kate539123

Not receiving bills at nominated email account

I have provided 2 email addresses for my bills to be sent to but have not received any bills at either email address. Have spoken to Telstra about this over a period of months but the bills are still not arriving and Telstra cannot tell me why.
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Not receiving bills at nominated email account

Posting multiple times typically will not help you get a resolution but rather usually means it is harder for people to help as in one place they can add additional relevant information rather than two responses with pretty much the same information.

As this is a public forum, there is limited access to account information via the forums. However, just to confirm, if you have a log in for MyAccount - http://tel.st/myacc/ - you can log in there, go to bill settings, click update bill delivery & notification preferences, then this will take you to a page where you can enter the email address you want to receive the bill at, you need to select "Email it to me and give me online access via My Account" as your preference and then enter the email below that.

If this is already set to email bill in there with the correct email and you have been unable to get it sorted with the support team it might be worth lodging an official complaint, you will be allocated a case manager who will be able to go over everything and find out why the bill isn't generating to email as it should be. https://telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-proce...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

kate539123

I tried to edit the first post because a typo made it unintelligible. I was unable to edit the post so the only option was to repost without the typo.
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey kate539123,

Just checking if you have been able to have this altered within the My Account service at http://tel.st/rf6gq as advised by DrQ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kate539123

I already had it all set up correctly to have my bills emailed to me before I posted on crowd support.

I have lodged yet another formal complaint with Telstra. I have done this a couple of times before and have had months of correspondence with Telstra but the bills still never arrived. That’s why I contacted crowd support.
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update and I am sorry to hear that we haven't been able to have this resolved for you as yet Smiley Sad

This does sound as though it is an account specific issue that is being experienced in the system if the email address being used is not working, and would be best addressed via the complaints team. 

Please do let us know if you do have an issue with your case manager missing a pre-arranged contact as we will be able to request they have this followed through on and include their supervisor in the request. I hope that we can get this resolved for you asap, and if you do ever need to access your invoices then they will be available via the My Account service via the previous link and also the Telstra 24/7 App. We do have the previous 12 months invoices available for you to access online in PDF format. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

kate539123

Thank you.
The odd thing about this is that emails sent to my nominated email address by Telstra arrive fine (eg email correspondence about the problem with bills not arriving) but Telstra does not seem to be able to send my bills to
that same email address.
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can understand your confusion for sure and it would have to be a system issue with the My Account service that is causing the invoices to not be received via your nominated email address. With any luck, they will be able to locate the cause of the system issue with these invoices being emailed and start having them received correctly. 

Again let us know how you go. 

kate539123

I lodged a formal complaint online with Telstra 28 October 2018 about not receiving my bills via email. I have not heard back from them at all.
They seem to be ignoring me.
IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @kate539123,

Very sorry to hear that you are yet to hear back after lodging a formal complaint. 

Do you happen to have the SR reference for the online complaint webform you submitted? 

In regards to the email address issue for your bills, when logging into your My Account, if you change the billing email to another email address (as you mentioned you have 2), does that trigger a confirmation email? If so, when changing it back to the email address that you would like to receive the bill, does then also trigger another confirmation email? 

kate539123

I will check if I have the ref number for the complaint I lodged.
I have never received a verification email when I have entered an email address for bills to be sent. I have tried 2 different email addresses but have not received a verification email from Telstra for either.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit