Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Call Barring IG8

Answered

Hello,

I read with interest many examples of how people have been incorrectly charged for premium purchases in regards to a company by the name of IG8 PTY LTD. I have also been charged re this service which I have nevers signed up for, asked for, acknowledged or ever replied to. The following references are included in my latest bill:

IG8 PTY LTD

INPHO19753787MT

Now whilst I have asked for this number to be barred by Telstra I also request that I be refunded the full amount charged to my account. 

It is obvious that this scam has been going on for a long time and that Telstra are aware of it. It is Telstra's responsibilty to look after their custoimers and to place a complete ban on this company and associated numbers. To be aware of the scam and not doing anything about it, is the same as being complicit in the scam. Telstra, you have the capability to stop this and to alert your customers ..... do it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Call Barring IG8

Unfortunately it is technically a "legitimate" scam. The regulations that enforce the operation aren't controlled by Telstra or any of the other phone companies. It is the AMCA that controls the regulations.

The number on the bill, doesn't correspond to an IG8 reference when looked up on 19sms.com.au (who registers all the companies that take part in third party billing in Australia), it comes up with Admagnet Ltd. Anyway, the contact number for that service to get unsubscribed is 1300 953 178.

You then need to call 132200 (as it can't be done through this forum) and request that Premium Services be barred on your service (so that you can't be hit by these types of charges again) and to organise a refund of the charges as you did not authorise them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately it is technically a "legitimate" scam. The regulations that enforce the operation aren't controlled by Telstra or any of the other phone companies. It is the AMCA that controls the regulations.

The number on the bill, doesn't correspond to an IG8 reference when looked up on 19sms.com.au (who registers all the companies that take part in third party billing in Australia), it comes up with Admagnet Ltd. Anyway, the contact number for that service to get unsubscribed is 1300 953 178.

You then need to call 132200 (as it can't be done through this forum) and request that Premium Services be barred on your service (so that you can't be hit by these types of charges again) and to organise a refund of the charges as you did not authorise them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I got charged by IG8 in November and contacted Telstar on 132200 and had premium SMS barred on my phone. While on the line the "subscription " was stopped by Telstar and I was advised that I would not be charged again and that a refund would appear on my next bill. 

I got my december bill bill only to find that I had been charged yet again by IG8 and no refund was given. 

I contacted IG8 via SMS on 19960006 on 14 Novemebr and received three SMS advising I had been unsubscribed. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit